V

(Chapter Five)

Lena wasn't as rattled as Alex at the reveal. Lena suspected that only someone of Cisco or Winn's intelligence could have made the blueprints for the device that this new Cadmus was building. Alex looked at the friendly face, trying to figure out why Cisco was plotting against her and her sister.

"W... what?" Alex stumbled for the right words but couldn't think of what to say.

"Are you surprised?" He stood and walked over with a limp. "It would take a while to explain my entire backstory and motive but the short story is that this," He pulled up one of his pants legs, "was Supergirl's fault." Alex recognised the glimmering metal as a prosthetic leg. "Cadmus kidnapped Barry and me, experimented on us, tortured us just to get questions about Kara. About why she lied and faked her death." He chuckled. "Or, they will."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am from eleven years in the future. I am from a time when Supergirl is actually dead and the Luthors are extinct. I am from a time where aliens are back in the shadows and Metas are seen as Gods."

"Why would you work for Cadmus if they did that to you?" Lena spoke up, now revealing to Cisco that she wasn't on his side.

"Because they made me see the light. They made me realise that we Metas are the Gods, not those horrible Aliens. We were the miracles, they are just refugees that ran away from their miserable lives."

"What about Kara and Clark? They didn't run away, they left to survive." Alex spat out, trying to sound strong but in reality, she was slowly losing hope while Cisco was making his way closer and closer to them.

"Kara Danvers and Clark Kent. Supergirl and Superman. They are just lies. How can they, in reality, be like that? It's all a publicity stunt. It's all an act for the public to have something to believe in."

"Isn't it better for them to believe in something rather than have no hope at all?" Lena stepped forward so she was in front of Alex. "I may not be a Super but I can sure as hell beat your ass." She tried to punch him but he grabbed her fist and stopped her. She grunted as he made her drop her hand back to her side. All of her confidence was thrown out the window and now, she was as scared as Alex was.

"Nice try but you're going to have to do more than that. Kara loves you, doesn't she?" Lena stayed silent and clenched her jaw. Cisco knelt down next to Alex and put a hand on her shoulder. "Then this is her punishment." He said, raising his fist while Alex braced. But instead of feeling the exploding pain in her jaw that usually came with a punch, Alex heard Lena scream with pain instead.

"Winn!" Kara yelled, clutching her face. "Something just happened to Lena." She walked quickly over to him but he stayed silent. "Winn!"

"You won't find her." He answered in a sinister tone. "You'll never get your precious Lena back now."

"What's going on?"

"You won't find us. Your sister and girlfriend are dead. Just surrender." Winn's eyes were rolled back and as soon as they returned to normal, he started seizing. Kara picked him up and took him to a Med room, calling in some doctors. Foam was pouring out of his mouth until Kara heard that heart-wrenching sound that she had always dreaded. The long tone of a heart monitor picking up that one of her friends, no one of her family was no longer alive.