Chapter 2

*Unedited*

If it was anything that made my suffering bearable, it was walks on earth. It was indeed beautiful and I could understand why God was most proud of his creation here. Taking care of it from heaven was a whole lot different from experiencing it myself. The way the wind felt against my skin was always something I looked forward to.

I had no clue where I was going or what I was doing. I didn't know how to find the beautiful freak, but I know it felt right to find her. Or at least the voice in my head felt it was right to do so. And apparently, I take instructions from the voices in my head now.

I froze. It was as if something was suddenly calling to me and I found my feet talking control of my body and leading me where this sixth sense desired me to be. It was odd. It was like I had zoned out everything and was only aware of a distinct smell and voice which grew stronger as I got closer. The sensation was familiar, as though whatever was drawing me close wasn't new to me.

It was her. I should have recognized her voice considering it had stuck with me from our first encounter. But rather than chastising me, this time she was using her sweet, soft voice to threaten. Not that it was doing anything. She was as scary as a puppy. Finally finding her on the dark street, I noticed she was cornered by two men who seemed to be harassing her. I rushed over to her and snapped my fingers, watching as both men fell to the ground.

Her eyes flew to mine suddenly and the fear buried within them was scorching. She could still see me. She tried to press herself further into the wall away from me, obviously frightened. It made me scowl. Here I was trying to save the girl and instead she turned her fear on me. As if suddenly realizing who I was, she frowned in recognition.

"You!"

I studied her then. I hadn't had a chance to earlier because I was mesmerized by her eyes and shocked by the fact that she could see me but now I looked her over from head to toe. She was wearing a tightly fitted dress, that stopped mid-thigh leaving her long legs bare and tempting. She looked as if she was returning from a night out. Typical human lifestyle.

She was tall, maybe 5'10 and her skin was perfectly tanned, unlike the usual pale of her race, which led me to conclude that she was mixed. Her eyes, now that I could see them better, were definitely hazel, but it was the kind of hazel that could appear blue or grey. She was beautiful. And she was upset.

"What did you do to them?" she demanded as she leaned over the passed-out bodies.

"I helped you," I stated annoyed with the ungrateful human.

"I had it controlled," she hissed at me.

"Okay," I shrugged and swung my wrist around, waking the men back up. They immediately rushed her once more as I leaned against a light pole and watched.

"Are you serious?" she scowled at me despite the panic in her eyes. The men grabbed her, trying to undress her as she tried and failed to fight them off. I couldn't help but wince every time they had managed to successfully grope her. But she was human, things like this happened to her kind every day.

This is how you expect to redeem yourself?

She's ungrateful. I tried to help, and she didn't want my help, so I would watch her get the situation under control. This was what she wanted. She asked for this.

She's human, they never know what they want. Never say what they mean either.

Not my problem, I thought. Who asks for rape? Apparently, this stupid girl with freakish eyes and weird abilities. It was probably some fetish of hers. Humans. Fucking freaks the whole lot of them. Looking over at her, I notice she was crying now. The tears that ran down her face made my skin crawl and my stomach pain in a way I've never experienced before. What was this feeling?