Chapter 3

*Unedited*

I sat in the coffee shop in a corner by myself away from her. I had made sure everyone avoided my table and had stopped too many customers from coming in at a time. Couldn't have them exposing the fact that she was the only one who could see me. Though I'm sure she still knew that.

She wasn't alone this time. Across from her was a girl who appeared to be a friend and beside of her was a guy who had arrived late. She had noticed me the moment I entered but like me, she watched from a distant, which I was thankful for. Yes, I had started stalking her, but it meant nothing obviously. I sipped the coffee I had conjured up in front of me as I listened in on her conversation.

"I have a job interview later. Getting this job could mean a change of things. A better apartment, eventually a car," she told her friend and the guy.

"Babe, you got this," her friend replied reassuringly, "You're gonna wow them."

"Yeah, they'd be crazy not to hire you. You're pretty impressive, Mira," the guy brushed his shoulder against hers.

I didn't like the upset feeling that settled in my stomach as this human moved closer to Mira. Mira. Such a fitting name. Beautiful and unusual just like her. I loved it. It was almost soothing, as I found the unfamiliar negative feeling slowing dissipating in my stomach. Taking deep breaths, I was able to calm myself down.

"Thanks guys, I think I needed to hear that," she sighed relieved. I would make sure she got that job. Her apartment couldn't be long term, "Hey, don't all look at once, but do you guys see that guy over there?"

I looked up immediately, my eyes meeting hers across the room, daring her to continue. Her friends looked over to my empty table before frowning in confusion and turning back to her. I smirked and shook my head as she studied me. Looking back to her friends who were waiting on an explanation, she tried for words, but they failed her.

"You guys don't see him?" she finally managed, and they looked at her like she was crazy.

"Mira, are you still drunk from last night?" the girl giggled.

"I wasn't drunk last night," she sounded frustrated.

"Mira, you haven't been sleeping lately again, have you?" the guy took this as an excuse to wrap his hand around her shoulder and rub it gently, "Go to your interview, wow them and then get some rest."

"Yeah," she gave up realising they couldn't see me. Meeting my eyes once more she looked at me with curiosity, "Maybe, I'm just tired and still a little hung over."

"Of course, silly," the girl giggled once more and they all got up to leave.

She ignored me as they passed my table and continued through the door. I tried to warn her, but as usual, she's ungrateful. Getting up to follow her, I pulled on the hat I had worn to try and hide from her, though it hadn't done much because it seemed as if she was able to sense me like I could sense her. She went in a different direction from her friends but didn't walk for long before she fanned down a taxi, which carried her to her job interview.

She had been a nervous wreck, but I made sure she got the job. It paid her well and after the first few months she was able to move into a much better apartment on the fancier side of town. It was well furnished, modern and had a beautiful view of the city beneath her. She loved it and I found it rather comfortable.

She had even managed to get a promotion on her own, based on her hard work at the company and six months after that she was able to get herself a decent car. She was quite comfortable in life now. She even bought nicer clothes and went to more upscale clubs and not the street bar she had seemed attached to.