Delicate Sunshine

By the-writer-ofthe-fandoms on Tumblr

   Daryl was currently sitting on the floor of the porch, sharpening one of his daggers in silence. He sighed, replaying the words of Carol and Aaron in his head. They always told him to go and make friends with the Alexandrians but he was stubborn. He would only talk to people who would come up and speak with him and so far only one person made the effort to introduce themselves to him. That one person always stuck around and made him enjoy Alexandria more.

   "Daryl!“ The familiar, sweet voice of (Y/N) Anderson, daughter of Pete and Jessie Anderson. Daryl watched her skip up the porch with a grin. Her smile made his lips twitch up in small smile of his own, he loved her radiant smiles when she greeted him with.

   "Hey (Y/N).” He said, still sharpening the blade.

   "Whatcha up too?“ She sat down across from him with her legs crossed. He momentarily looked over her appearance with slight confusion. It was probably above ninety degrees outside yet you were wearing a heavy black sweater over a dark red shirt and stained pants.  

   "Ain’t you hot in all that?”

   "I-uh… no.“ Her gaze went away from his face and to the rest of his knives. "Oh I’ve always wanted a knife but my parents don’t want me to have one.”

   "Why? You’re an adult aren’t ya?“

   "Yeah but my dad doesn’t think I need one” Daryl rose an eyebrow before taking one of his smaller blades and handed it over to (Y/N).

   "I’ve got plenty so you can take this one. You’ll always need a weapon to protected yourself.“ He watched her slowly take the knife in her delicate hands and noticed something that sends alarms through his brain. Daryl saw bruising on your wrists, bruising similar to fingerprints. The red-necks gaze hardened  and he knew who could have done that to her.

   ”(Y/N), take off the sweater.“  

   "Daryl-”

   "I saw your wrist now take off the goddamn sweatshirt.“ She sighed and slowly shrugged off her sweater, letting it fall onto the wooden flooring. Daryl’s icey blue eyes widened at (Y/N)’s  bruised arms; reds, purples and yellows littered her arms.

   "Pete?” Daryl growled, she meekly nodded. “Are there more?” She nodded once again. Daryl let out a rough sigh with closed eyes. “C'mere sunshine.” The red-neck man reached his arms over and carefully pulled the (hair color) girl into his lap and kept his arms carefully wrapped around her frame. He was boiling on the inside; how dare someone would think of abusing her?

   "Oh Daryl, I hate it in that house. He always pushes me and mom around, Ron doesn’t care enough to do anything and Sam is scared that Pete will go after him.“

   "I know, my father was a spineless, abusing asshole. Your father ain’t got no right to touch you.”  

   "I can’t do anything about it. Mom lets him push her around and when I stand up  to him he just does this.“ She shrugged one of her shoulders pitifully  and rested her head on his chest. "I want to leave that place.”

   "(Y/N)!“ You heard your mother Jessie call. "Come help me make dinner please!”

   "That’s my call. I’ll talk to you later, Daryl.“ She slid off Daryl’s lap jumped to her feet. (Y/N) gave him a small wave before jogging off to her home nearby. Daryl watched her leave with mixed emotions; anger and sadness. Sadness from seeing her so bruised and anger because she doesn’t deserve it.

   Daryl looked out to the street trying to at least clear his head in some way or another. But of course in his line of vision, the asshole Pete Anderson happen to be walking down the street. The red-neck growled under his breath and abruptly got to his feet, marching directly to Pete.

   "Hey Dar-” But (Y/N)’s father could’t finish his sentence, Daryl’s fist connected directly into Pete’s jaw. The blonde man crashed down onto the asphalt. Daryl took no time to pounce on the down man, anger pulsing through his entire being. “What the fuck was that for?”

   "For hittin’ your daughter you asshole!“ He hit Pete again, this time his nose.  

   "You can’t tell me what to do with my proper-” Daryl’s fists hit the downed man repeatedly in the face. He couldn’t feel any control over himself, he just wanted this man underneath him to feel the same (Y/N) when he beats her.

   It wasn’t until he felt the familiar hands of (Y/N) grip his arm and snap him out of his rage. She firmly tugged him off her father, knowing full well she didn’t have the strength to actually pull him off, but her touch alone can calm Daryl down.

   "It is alright Daryl, he isn’t worth it.“ She spoke calmly, lifting him off her father.  The red-neck quickly turned himself around and pulled her into his chest.

   "You’re movin’ in with me, sunshine. We are packing you a bag and you are gonna stay with me.” She nodded into his chest. “You’re my delicate sunshine, (Y/N). I ain’t going to let this asshole hurt you again.” Daryl glared down at Pete.

   "Thank you, Daryl. Thank you so much.“

   "It ain’t no problem, now let’s get you moved in.” Daryl and (Y/N) started walking off to her house, leaving a bloodied and bruised Pete left to moan in pain in the street.