Choose Someone Else (Part 2)

By imaginefan on Tumblr

You had been with the group for a while now but only now when everything seemed to be quiet was it that you realise how far you had come, you were sitting on the porch of the house that you had been staying in with Daryl, before this all started you didn’t know anything about self-defense or hunting and survival, Daryl had spent a lot of time making sure that you could look after yourself.

You heard the door open and then that familiar voice “What are you doing out here kid?” Daryl asked and you smiled.
“Nothing just thinking.” You answered as he came to sit next to you.
“About?” He asked.
“How you pretty much saved my life.” You answered.
“Rick saved you.” He corrected and you looked at him.
“No not just physically saving me, I’m talking about teaching me to hunt, to survive to fight.” You listed and he shrugged.
“If you were going to be hanging off my arm I needed to know that you could look after yourself.” He answered.
“That’s not what it was though.” You called him out and he rolled his eyes.
“Yeah you got me, kid, now why did you choose me?” He asked.
“What do you mean?” You asked and he looked at you. “I really don’t know.” 
“Hm.” He hummed and you smiled at him.
“You have a welcoming look when you’re not actively trying to drive people away” You laughed as you nudged his shoulder, he nudged you back.
“You know I liked it better when you didn’t talk.” He smiled.
“Well those were fleeting times, I was just a little bit scared you know from almost being eaten alive.” You explained and he felt you shiver next to him.
“Come on it’s time that you get some sleep, we’re going hunting in the morning and I’m dragging your ass out of bed with or without sleep,” Daryl explained and you grumbled as you jogged up the stairs to bed.