Chapter 7

Brooklyn

Home. It wasn't just a place, but a feeling. The feeling of being safe. The feeling of love you receive from the ones that live there with you. The feeling of relief.

Apparently, to Dean and Sam, it was the cabin that they reunited in.

Sam had found his way onto his laptop, sitting at the small table which only held the last beer. When Sam opened it and took a swig of it, I realized that if I want something, I have to grab it before they do.

Of course, when Dean walked in with a six-pack of beer and a grocery bag I wasn't as worried. Yet, I still found myself grabbing a beer and opening it.

"Hey," Sam said, looking up to Dean who looked uneasy. I pulled my beer away from my lips, looking at him worriedly, "You okay? You look like you've seen.." I stopped shrugging slightly before continuing, "I was gonna say, "You look like you've seen a ghost," but you'd probably be thrilled about that."

Sam cracked a smile, agreeing with me.

Dean was never one to just sit and wait for a case to pop up. He always wanted to keep moving, keep hunting. So when we paused to take a break, he was nervous.

"Yeah, I'm cool," Dean said, but his voice didn't convince me. I opened my mouth to back fire his comment, but he sent me a glare that quickly shut it. "What'd you find?" Dean asked, leaning against the other small table where I sat.

Sam didn't seem to mind or notice the uneasy brother before him as he talked, "Well, this kid went missing from a preschool."

"That sucks. And?" He asked, clearly noticing that this wasn't out type of case.

"And at the same time he vanished, a surprise tornado hit, lasted maybe 20 seconds, then back to perfect weather. Similar wackiness has happened over the past few weeks in other places. Tulsa, a bus driver vanishes and a river gets overrun with frogs. New Mexico, a mailman disappears, the earth splits open."

Dean nodded, getting the picture and asked before Sam could continue, "All right. So, uh, you thinking demons?"

Sam looks up at us, "Yeah, possibly, but, I mean, this stuff was major. These folks have nothing in common; no religious affiliations, different hometowns, all ages. Why would demons want them?"

"Why do demons want anything?" I asked, making Dean nod in agreement as he grabbed the extra beer and sat it in the fridge. His voice was mumbled in the fridge as he asked his brother, "So, we on this?"

"Yep," Sam said, closing up his laptop.

The three of us changed into our FBI outfits before heading over to Mrs. Hagar's address. The teacher of the little boy that is missing.

Sam knocked on the door, the three of us waiting as the young women opened it. A chain keeps it half closed, letting us just get a glimpse of the women.

"Mrs. Hagar?" Dean asks, making the lady nod. Sam holds ups his fake badge as Dean introduces us, "Agents Roth, Malloy, Stevens," Dean points to Sam, himself, then me. "We want to speak to you about Aaron Webber's abduction."

Mrs. Hagar seems a little nervous and confused as she answers us. "Like I told the police, one minute I was taking Aaron to get cleaned up, and the next minute... I woke up in a park three blocks away."

"And you have no memory of what happened?" I asked?

The teacher shook her head, "No. He was just gone."

Dean continued on with the questions, hoping to get something out of her. "Can you think of any reason why somebody would want to harm him? Um, any enemies?"