Chapter 10

Brooklyn

As I had figured, Martin and Sam weren't for the plain of letting a vampire go. More so Martin then Sam.

Dean and I headed back to Beaudelaire Rooms, back to Martin's apartment to tell them the plain. Martin was leaning against the refrigerator with a glass in his hand while Sam sat on the end of his bed. Dean and I were standing in front of them.

"Let me get this straight," Martin started, making my arms cross as a sigh left my lips. "I follow your boy down a freaking path and trip over fresh vamp kill, and then you practically catch him in the act..." He starts and takes an ice cube tray out, "...of burying a second body, and you're still taking his side?"

"Vampires pick people off from the outskirts of town, okay?" I snapped at Martin making him scuff at me before stabbing the ice cube tray with a fork to loosen the ice cubes, only to break the fork.

Dean spoke up, eyeing Martin, "Not in the cafés that they work in with their great-grandkids. In fact, killing any human - it's not his style."

Martin stopped and looked at Dean like he was the crazy one, "Not his style? Not his style?" Before he could come up with something more to say, Sam spoke up. "Listen, Dean, Brooke, we came here on a dead body. You asked for some time, and now there's another dead body. Are we just going on trust here?"

There's a pause as Dean and I look at each other before facing the two, "Yes."

Agreeing with his brother, Sam nodded and said, "Okay. Because we've killed for a lot less, and you know how these things turn out for us."

"Yes, I do – too well. In fact, every relationship I have ever had has gone to crap at some point. But the one thing I can say about Benny, he has never let me down," Dean said. Hearing him say those words broke my heart, thinking that any type of friendship or relationship he's had has just gone sour.

No wonder he just enjoys those one night stand girls.

Sam took his words to a different turn, "Huh. Well, good on you, Dean. Must feel great finally finding someone you can trust after all these years."

Dean looks at the ground with annoyance but also embracement before looking back up to his brother. "All I'm saying is that Benny is innocent."

Sam stood up, looking at Dean and me as he shook his head, "No. You two are too close to this."

"What?" I quickly ask as Dean says, "You're not gonna find him. And if you do, I'm gonna tell you this. You'll be lucky to get out alive. And you..." He points to Martin, "...you go with him, you're a dead man. Period."

Martin downed his drink before picking up a knife.

Sam's voice pulled me away from Martin's actions, "These are innocent lives we're talking about, Dean. And you're willing to risk that on Benny's word alone?"

"Damn right I am," Dean said before turning around to walk out. Suddenly, Martin cocks him in the head with the hilt of the knife, knocking Dean to the ground unconscious.

"Dean!" I yell as Sam looks at his brother then Martin in shock. My knees collapse next to Dean, finding a cut with some blood coming out of it on his forehead. I turn to give Martin a piece of my mind, but am instead met with the same fate.

Darkness overtakes me, and I'm sure that I'll continue on with a nightmare that will probable haunt me the rest of the day. Instead, I don't dream of anything. It's like I was knocked out, but a minute later I was coming too. The situation I was in proved that I was out longer than a minute though.