Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Brooklyn

Dean and I decided to head to Garth's boat to check on Kevin. It was better than just sitting and waiting.

The smell of bacon filled my nose as I watched Dean fix up some eggs and bacon on the stove. Dean's voice yelled, trying to break through the closet door where we knew Kevin was hiding.

"Hey, Kevin! Come in here and grab some of these eggs." No answer. "Kev! Come on, man. You can't hide in there forever," Dean said, turning away from the stove to look at the closed door.

I jumped slightly when the main door opened instead, revealing Kevin walking in. Dean's eyes moved in confusion, "Where the hell you been? What happened to being scared?"

"I am scared. So I made a preemptive move."

"Made a what now?" Dean asked, moving the eggs and bacon off the stove.

Kevin let out a sigh, looking tired and angry as he looked at a standing Dean then moved his eyes to me who was sitting at the table. "I can't sit here with the tablet like a... sitting duck and Crowley breathing down my ass. Getting rid of the tablet just takes off some of the pressure."

My eyes went wide, "Wait. Getting rid of it?"

"Temporarily. I hid it," Kevin tried to reassure us.

Dean's eyes went wide as well, looking at Kevin in disbelief, "What? Where?"

Kevin shrugged, not seeing the big deal in this, "If I tell you where, it's not hidden, is it?"

I watched as Dean started to move across the floor towards Kevin, smoke flying out of his ears. "Kevin, tell me where the damn tablet is, or I swear to you –"

"You'll what, Dean?" Kevin asked, not one bit scared which silenced Dean for a moment. Kevin turned around and opened the closet door, slipping inside before closing it behind him.

A groan left my lips as my head laid on my arms, "You have got to be kidding me."

"Kids." A women's voice said next to me, making me jump and sit up to see who it was. Dean quickly wiped around to see the blonde haired women standing near me. As she spoke with a smile, I quickly stood up, Dean out stretching his arm to grab me and pull me next to him. "So cute when they're little. Then they turn into teenagers, and the party's over. We haven't been formally introduced. My name is Naomi."

Naomi stuck her hand out to shake Dean's, but he backs away, pushing me slightly behind him as he does so. "Oh, I know who you are. And I know what you did to Cas after he got out of Purgatory."

"After I rescued him from Purgatory, you mean, at the cost of many angels' lives," Naomi said, lowering her hand.

Dean's voice grew angrier, "You screwed with his head and had him spy on us."

With a small sigh, seeing as we were getting right to the point, Naomi said, "Well, it is true that I have spoken with Castiel many times, trying to reach out to him, trying to help him. Dean, you must have noticed how Purgatory changed him. I mean, he's been unstable in the past, but I was shocked at how damaged he is now."

Shaking his head, Dean said, "Stop, okay? Don't – don't try to spin this. You think I don't know that you told him to try and kill me?"

Naomi thought for a second, "Hmm. Yeah, I suppose that is how he would hear it. When I learned of the Angel tablet, I did tell Castiel to get it at any cost. That's my job – to protect heaven. I'm a warrior, just as you and Brooklyn are. What would you expect? And now Castiel is in the wind with a hydrogen bomb in his pocket, and I – I'm scared, for all of us."