Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Brooklyn

We headed out to the Impala, grabbing some fresh clothes before heading back inside and changing. I slipped into one of the bathrooms, sliding out of my clothes. I'd defiantly need to repair and wash these clothes before we went on another mission.

I looked at my body, finding that the cuts on my elbows and knees weren't too bad but the ones on my hands were still stinging. When the door opened, I jumped and turned around, relieved to find Dean.

It was crazy how quickly I had gotten comfortable with standing in front of Dean with just my undergarments on.

"Hey," Dean said as I turned away from him and began to slip my jeans on. He walked over to me in the medium size bathroom, his eyes watching me through the mirror. He must have caught sight of my hands because he quickly grabbed them, stopping my actions.

"What happened? Is this when you went after the demon?"

"Yeah, I skidded across the cement. No big deal, I'll be fine," I reassured him.

Dean glanced up at me before reaching over me to grab a small towel. I watched him as he turned on the water, running some of the towel underneath it, before pulling it away.

When the cool water touched my cuts, I hissed slightly and tore my hand back.

"Sorry," He quickly apologized, making me smile. "It's just some cuts Dean. You and I know I've had much worst."

Looking up at me, Dean surprised me when he released my hand and pushed my hair behind my ear. He just stared at me, causing me to get lost in his green eyes.

Past the staring, I could see the worry in his eyes. It wasn't towards my cuts, but towards his brother, the bloody napkin still stuck in his mind. "I know you're worried about your brother," I said, making Dean sigh. He tore his eyes from me, laying the towel down on the counter.

"I think he can do it though," I reassured him, making Dean take a step back.

"He shouldn't have too. It should have been me doing these trials, not him. I'm the oldest, it's my responsibility."

My eyes rolled slightly at his comment, making Dean look at me puzzled, "What?"

"Do you know what the role is for a big brother? It's to look out for the younger one. To teach him what to do and say..."

"Exactly."

"When your kids," I finished, making Dean go silent. You are both adults now, and I know the world that we live in is dangerous at times, but you have to let him make the decisions he wants to make. You can't protect him from everything. Sometimes he has to protect himself."

Dean didn't seem to like my guiding words, but seemed to understand where I was coming from.

He sighed, looking down at his shoes before looking up at me. "And what about you? You don't want me to protect you?"

I smiled, grabbing his wrist with one hand and pulling him closer, "I want you to have my back. But I also want you to take a few steps back." Dean took a couple of steps back, making me laugh and him, smile slightly. "Not now!" He laughed before taking the steps back up to me.

His hands grabbed my hips, his eyes meeting mine, "I love you," He said.

Blushing, I whispered, "I love you too." Dean gave me a quick kiss before pulling his hands away and turning towards the bathroom door. His hand opened the door, but his head looked back at me. "And hey, keep the shirt off."