Leaving Home

~Prologue~

"Are you sure you want to do this son?" Said a tall man with twisted horns, he appeared to be half beast and half human. His fangs were jagged and his muscular exterior made him look tough and dangerous, which he was.

"Of course. I'm always sure."

"Yes, but why earth? Why live amongst those...mortals, so worthless and bothersome." Said a woman who's head only reached the middle of the mans chest. She was ghostly pale and had pointed ears. She had long straight jet black hair which went down to her knee caps and pointed fangs. Her eyes were ocean blue, the colour was so vibrant that it appeared to be glowing. Her bat-like wings were as black as her beautiful locks and her arrow ended tail drooped in sadness watching her song leave. It seamed like only yesterday he was 83 years old, and now he was grown up leaving home.

"Mother, I've already told you thousands of times, I want to go to earth to study the humans and their ways."

"But why? I never understood what you found so fascinating about them. Humans are useless. Their like tiny ants that intrude your home, like weeds that just keep multiplying and no matter how much you spray them with weed killer, more appear. What in hell would make you want to study them, be around them none the less. A powerful demon prince like you? You are too good to be associated with those lower life forms..."

"All of what you are saying may be true, they are quite bothersome, and I don't really see their purpose for being around, but believe me when I say, they can be truly fascinating. They are such complex creatures, so ignorant and naive, and so...emotional."

"-We have no purpose for human emotions." She argued

"Yes, but I would still like to do this, understand their motives, why they down what they do. Why they discriminate against each other when they are all the exact same besides their appearance. Why they kill their own kind, why they love and why they are so sad when the one they love is gone. Can they not just be replaced by another? Why they always laugh, cry, and smile and die. I'm just curious mother, father, there is no way of knowing unless I discover the answer myself."

The two demons let out a sigh.

"Fine, I see that you cannot be persuaded. I will respect your wishes to leave home, but if you shall need me, just call, if anything happens you can always come back home, we will be here waiting for your return."

"Thank you father. I shall take that into consideration." He was about to leave the room when his father stopped him.

"Oh, and son." He looked his father in the eyes. His eyes were cold, the iris's were blood red and had slits for pupils.

"Yes father?"

"If those humans give you any grief, I will skin them alive and burn their corpses with blue hell flames." He said in a deep demonic voice.

"Of course." He said with an evil grin before turning on his heel and leaving.

"Asmodeus? Do you think he will return to us?"

"Only time will tell my love, only time will tell."

I just wrote this because I was bored and I wanted to write a fanfic about demons.
I was just googling random demon names and chose Asmodeus for Edd's fathers name.

I looked it up and it said Asmodeus is the lord treasurer and grand duke of western hell which I think best fits who I want this character to be.

I want it to be like curtain areas of hell is ruled over by different leaders and kings and Satan is the king of all of the demons together, so he's above all of them. Kind of like it Steven Universe. How there is yellow and blue diamond who have great authority and rule over their own gems, but white diamond rules over everyone. If that makes sense.

The picture above will be Edd, imagine him with twisted horns and blue eyes. I pulled a random photo off of the Internet so I do not own it. Whoever they artist is, you're amazing dude.