32

A true event shared by a mother on the Facebook MUMO group....POLIO ALERT....MUST READ

Hey guys

I want to share an incident which has recently happened.... it's true and very very very important....

It was polio Sunday on 28th January....I could not take my son due to some reason....

A representative came to my place on the 30th. My son was given oral polio vaccine...

He slept in the afternoon and when he got up in the evening he could neither stand nor walk....

I thought he must not be feeling well so he is not doing his regular activities but he did not walk on the next day too, and so on...he was neither standing nor walking by the 3rd and 4th day too....

Now I was really worried.....

We went to many doctors but no one could say what went wrong. Then one senior paediatric told us that when the polio vaccines are given they shud be stored in ice boxes..

1. When the representatives come to your place they carry the vaccines in hand which gets heated.... This heated vaccine should not be given to a child

2. When the representative comes to your place always check the expiry date of the vaccine.

3. If your child is suffering from any viral infection, don't ever give him a vaccine.

4. When we take our kids to the centre for any vaccination, the vaccines given are always fresh.

This post of mine is just to create awareness amongst all of us, as I would not want any of the mothers to suffer from such a problem like my child and me suffered... By God's grace my child is fit and fine and walking healthily after a tensed period of one week..... Please stay blessed everyone and share this information as much as possible.