WEIRD

"Damn you, old man," a voice screamed in the corridor, "Since when did you become a pedophile?"

I went to the door of my chamber to see a group of nurses peeping out of the nurse's station, giggling. The receptionist, her mouth stuffed with food, a half-eaten burger in her hand, widened her eyes and leaned against the counter to get a view of the commotion at the entrance of my clinic.

"Idiots," I muttered.

Just then, an old lady, with short silver curls, with a grim expression on her face, entered dragging a bald man in his late sixties.

He was crying at the top of his voice, "She is the one I have been waiting for all these years."

The oldie was somehow dragged into the room.

His wife swooped on me, "Doctor, what has happened to him? We have been married for 40 years now. And now he is going and banging on the door of my 21 year old neighbor, wanting to marry her."

Just then the door burst open and there stood Carmen, my friend.

Without caring for the crowd in my room, she lunged at me, hugging me, crying, "Help me, a stalker...that ugly, old man is after me. I didn't do anything. All of a sudden he came and tried to hold me. I ran for my life. Your clinic was the nearest."

"Where are you honey," a weak voice called out from the door. I saw another old man, bent double due to age. He had a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

Carmen hid behind me.
"That's the creep," she sobbed.

"Hey, you look handsome," I heard a comment and saw Nurse Elsa, who was looking at the newcomer with a rapturous expression. She moved close to him and without any warning placed a kiss on his wrinkled face.

"Will you marry me," she hugged him tightly.

"I love her," the man screamed pointing at Carmen.

"Get lost," Carmen clung onto me.

"Someone help my husband," the old lady pleaded.

I realized that something was definitely wrong. People were falling for the wrong age group.

"Quiet you all and get out of my clinic now!"

No one budged.

I swiftly collected a blood sample from all the weird people and left the room, dragging Carmen. They were still fighting and cursing.

"Manage the crowd and keep me informed of the situation, "I said, going out through the door, leaving her baffled.

2

"Look here," called Doc Willis, "The 'LOVE' virus."

I looked at the SEM projection on the screen. The virus which was present in all samples had a H1N1 (flu virus) structure.