~ frozen heart ~(equinox battle)

The green ivy entangled around my feet causing me to lose my balance

The green ivy entangled around my feet causing me to lose my balance. As I fell, I could feel the vines creeping up my body, wrapping my arms till it was around my neck.

As the creepers tightened around my throat, I summoned my spells which froze them to the core.

One heave and the ivy broke into a million frozen pieces.

I could see him staring wide-eyed at me.

A smile crept to my lips, as I conjured up a spell and created a ball of shining ice. I hurled it towards him.

He dodged effortlessly, but it was a trick. The frozen ground cracked suddenly and his leg was trapped in one of the icy gaps.

As he tried to lift himself up, I sent one more icy blast, freezing the land and the sea.

Ice columns shot up from the ground, imprisoning him.

Surrounded by fjords and icy cliffs, I could feel the cold bite my skin.

But the cold winds don't bother me now. Because it was my heart which was frozen, frozen beyond repair.

I could see the boughs of spring, sprouting up from the ground, trying to free him, and break the frozen bars.

The icy shards from my hands, ripped the boughs apart and at the same time a million icicles sliced through the vines trying to approach me stealthily.

"Enough of this game," I said, looking at the man in a dress of brown, donning a cape of greenery.

His flowery crown was all withered due to the cold.

I instinctively touched my crown of ice crystals, and looked down at my dress of frozen snow. My white hair was fluttering in the cold draft and I stood there arms crossed, watching him trying to free himself from the icy prison.

"Useless," I said moving closer to him with each step, '"It's time for the spring's demise. Winter will reign."

I summoned the sword of silver. It gleamed in my hands, under the mellow light, filtering through the clouds.

I waved my hands and immediately the bars disappeared, being replaced by shackles of ice, which chained him to the ground.

"Please," he begged, as an image of humans shivering in cold, dying of frostbite, appeared in the air before me, "They're dying because of you. They're your subjects. Are you heartless?"

I silently placed the sword at his throat, and looked into his emerald eyes, which were captivated by my azure ones.

"I had a heart once, a soft, kind one," I gave a sad smile, "Someone took it and broke it. Since that day, it has been frozen."

"I'm sorry, Neva, I didn't mean it to happen in that way," he pleaded.

"No, Denver. It was destiny. I'll keep you with me forever," I smiled, as my icy lips locked his, in a last kiss, casting my spell.

And then there was nothing left of him, just a crystal heart on my palm.

I gently placed it on my crown.

500 words completed.

A/N Written for the equinox battle challenge by Fantasy. Thanks everyone for reading it. It's dedicated to all those who help me stay in the world of Fantasy. 😊😊

KashishBelikov Pipigrin EverSinceNever tanuandchamp

A BLEND OF GENRESOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara