Chapter 14

All the jokers came to visit me that night. Q came round with more fruit and Joe came with a box of chocolates and Murr came in but hid at the back of the room as he was angry with me too. Sal had gone for about an hour as he said he needed to get something.

Q came and sat where Sal usually sits and came with some more grapes. He was just talking to me about the most random things that made me smile.
"My cats also miss you" Q told me. He smiled and I did laugh a bit.
"And I miss them too" I replied. Q gave me a long hug and then gave me more grapes.
"You two are a thing as well?!" Murr shouted. He stormed out of the room.
"Ignore him" I said to Q.
"Is he upset about you and Sal?" Q asked.
"Definitely" I replied. I didn't let that bother me now. I was still trying to be as positive as I can.
The doctor came in to talk to me.
"Evening Jess I just wanted to come in and ask you a few important questions. Are you under any sort of stress?" He asked.
"No but majorly" I replied.
"Are you getting rest?" The doctor asked.
"As much as I can why?" I asked him.
"And are you eating and drinking much?" He asked.
"well yeah" I said. "Why are you asking?" I asked slightly worried.
"Well your levels are slightly higher than where we would like them. The main cause is usually stress and maybe the other factors. We need you to relax and rest up. We can't have you leaving until the levels are stable and where we like to see them". The doctor closed the folder and let himself out.

"Are you okay?" Joe asked concerned. I slowly began to get tearful.
"What wrong?" Q asked.
"I have lost my job. I then sold my house and that's why I came here. I needed a break and now Murr hates me-" I began, getting hysterical.
"No no no. Murr doesn't hate you! And we can help you with money and help you to get a job. Please don't worry" Q reassured me giving me a hug.
"Yeah! Don't worry. You can lend some money off me and maybe get a job somewhere in NY and I'll help you!" Joe added.
"Let me get you a coffee" Joe said.  Q stayed with me playing with my hair trying to get me to rest.

Joe went around the hospital trying to find Murr. He went around the 4th floor which was the floor I was staying at and then he spotted him by an elevator.
"Where fo you think your going?" How asked.
"Home!" Murr shouted back.
"No your not!" Joe said. "Your little sister needs you right now!" Joe told him.
"Why? Because Sal isn't here?!" He said still angry.
"What's wrong with that?! Your best friend and sister together?! Better than some random horrid guy! Sal hasn't been in love in like forever!! He's happy!" Joe explained. Murr shook his head and kept pressing the button. The elevator doors open to reveal Sal stood there with flowers and a velvet red box.
"Well the doctor paid her a visit with bad need and there's stuff you don't know!" Joe said. Sal slowly stepped out.
"What's wrong?" Sal asked.
"Go away!" Murr said.
"I don't care what you two think about each other right now but there's a girl in there so upset and one of you are going to sort it out!" Joe demanded.
Sal went running down the corridor to the room I was staying in. Murr slowly followed on and Joe grabbed a coffee and came in. Q was sat next to me and when the three guys entered he immediately told them to be quiet. I had finally went to sleep.
"What wrong with her?" Sal asked still holding the flowers and the box. Murr stood next to Sal trying to find out.
"Well the doctors have said she isn't getting better! Her stress levels are too high and she's not getting enough rest and food" Q whispered. "And-" Q stuttered.
Joe them stood next to Q.
"She's lost her job and doesn't have a house back in the UK anymore. It happened before she came over here and she was here as a break to see if she could find anything in New York" Joe explained.
Sal and Murr were both shocked. Sal came over and sat where Q was originally was sitting.
"My poor girl" Sal said admiring me. Murr rolled his eyes at the comment. Joe thought Murr was being ridiculous.

"Could you guys go outside a second please?" Sal requested. The three guys went outside and Murr peeked through the window.

Sal got up and gave me the flowers.
"They're gorgeous! Thank you" I said to him. Sal came over with a box.
"Here" he said passing me the box. I opened it up. It was diamond, silver heart necklace with the letters S+J engraved on the back. I was speechless.
"Thank you so much. It's beautiful!" I said. He sat in the edge of my bed. He brushed my hair onto the side and put the necklace on me. I turned round to him.
"It's beautiful" I said, with my smile widening.
"So are you" he said as he kissed me.