Chapter 19: Breaking the girl

Why is this happening? And how the hell did he find me?

I stand there with my mouth slightly open, and my eyes filled with horror.

I speak in a low monotone voice.

"Let her go. What do you want?"

He comes closer to me while still putting the knife to her.

"Listen carefully, your little boyfriend is gonna have to pay some money. The amount is 3 million. If he doesn't pay the money in 24 hours, your whore of a mother, will suffer the consequences."

He backs away and leaves out the door.

I lock the door , making sure he can't come in.

Fuck. Now I'm paranoid because of this fucker.

I turn around and walk back to Anthony.

"Someone took the time to track me down , apparently."

He looks absolutely confused.

"What are you talking about? Who?"

I stare into his soul and take a very deep breath.

I speak in a depressing tone.

"My mother's husband just showed up holding a knife to her neck, he knows where I am , unfortunately."

He moves me off of him and gets up. He ruffles his hair in frustration.

Tony starts yelling and I begin to sob.

"It's all my fault. I threw the damn fork just to get your attention." I speak.

He turns around , full of tears .

"What?"

"We wouldn't be going through this if I wouldn't have thrown the fork at the cafe."

He comes to me. He kneels down and grabs my face in a caring way.

"Don't say it your fault. We will get through it, I love you."

We kiss and it's heart wrenching.

It isn't fair for this wonderful person to go through this with me. Life is so complicated.

The next day (same time)

Anthony had gotten the money the bastard had asked for.

We had just gotten back from the bank , hoping this nightmare was going to end as soon as it had started.

We both got out of this car he rented. I slammed my door.

Anthony was behind me and we both got in, to find that my mother's husband was there.

"You have my money , I suppose. Give it to me." He extends his hand.

"Just a fucking second. Baby, give the man his money."

I shoo Anthony to get the money.

He leaves , leaving me with the bastard.

Finally, he gets back with the envelope.

"Here you go. Just like you asked."

He gives me a smug grin.

"Smart girl. I'll be out of your hair and your mother's. However if you try calling the police as soon as I leave, I'll come back for the both of you."

He walks out the door, giving us a salute.

Anger boils inside of me.

I head over to the door, locking it yet again.

I get back to Anthony, who has a blank face.

"I hope he doesn't come back at all, or I'll fucking kill him myself," he says.

"Don't worry. What we really have to worry about now is getting another guitarist ."

"About that. You seem to know our songs really well, why don't you join the band? Until we can get a permanent fix."

My eyes light up with joy. I give him a hug.

"Are you kidding me?! I would love to. Jamming with my boyfriend in the band?"

I grab his hand and lead him to the bunks.

We both sit down , and discuss the plans for the next concert.

I hear a knock. I swear if that fucker is here again, I'm going to kill him with my bare fucking hands.

I sigh and give Tony a small smile.

I walk to the door and unlock it.

I open it and in my sight are : a very tall man, and a gap toothed man.

I give a sigh of relief.

"Guys, come in , come in."

They get inside, and I lock the door.

They sit on the chairs.

"Where the fuck were you guys? You won't believe what me and Anthony went through."

They give me a flustered look.

I tell them everything that happened.

Flea speaks up, "You should've called us."

"We couldn't tell anyone, he was gonna kill her."

"Well, the good thing is that it's over. But we have another problem: we don't have a guitarist," Chad says.

I smile brightly, and Anthony responds, " Don't worry my friends, for we have a new one."

Flea and Chad burst out laughing.

"And who might it be , huh?" Flea says, while wiping tears out of his eyes.

"Me."

"Really? You know at least half of our songs though?" Flea responds

"Duh. And it would only be until the tour is over, then you guys can find a permanent one."

Flea and Chad nod agreeingly.

Anthony says, " We have to tell Lindy what happened with John, and he won't be happy."

"It's fine, because you have a replacement. It'll be fun."

What the hell did I get myself into?
I've never performing in large crowds of people before.

In elementary and middle school, I would perform in front of the entire school, but in front of thousands of strangers?

How will the fans react when they see the new girlfriend of Anthony Kiedis replacing the talented John Frusciante?

This is gonna be a hell of a tour.