Chapter 23: Higher Ground

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed.

On top of my little white drawer was a beautifully written poem.

The way her eyes meet mine as if it were the last time.
I thought I had lost my will to live, but now I know why I want to stay alive.
The love she gives me is so fragile, that lets me know I can't be so hostile.
Maybe it was just me going crazy, but now I know that my memory wasn't failing me.
She isn't like the others, but that's why I love her.

I wanted to let you know how I felt in a poetic way. Hope you like it, my beautiful flower.
Xoxo, Anthony.

I smiled to myself and got up from the bed to walk downstairs.

Such a romantic that Kiedis.

The moment I get towards the kitchen it starts to smell like ( Teen Spirit. I had to ;) a bakery.

I open the kitchen door, to find Anthony , elbow deep, in flour, making pancakes.

I hug him from behind and hear him laugh.

He breaks away , then turns to face me. He grabs my hands and looks into my eyes with his own brown ones.

"I have to tell you something, but after breakfast."

I raise my eyebrows wearily, and nod.

I reply in a almost inaudible voice, "Okay."

After we finish eating breakfast I speak up.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

He grabs his cup of orange juice and drinks it, then directs his attention back to what was being said.

"Hold on, I'll be right back," he exclaimed setting the cup back on the table.

He gets up from his chair to walk up the stairs.

I'm puzzled at this moment. It must be pretty damn serious .

Is he going to dump me? Maybe I wasted my two years of not being in highschool to be with him.

I hear footsteps and get up from my chair.

I turn around to find Tony with a huge bag from Hottopic and something behind his back , concealed.

Me, happy as a motherfucker, jumps on him nearly knocking him down.

"Baby! You didn't have to do this," I say while kissing his cheek.

I pull away and he speaks.

"I did, I wanted to because we've been busy lately with the band, and we haven't been shopping in a while."

I snatch the bag from him, and smirk.

His eyes beams with hope that I'll like what he bought for me.

I reach in the bag to find only pounds of crumpled , shredded papers. That is until I reach the bottom.

When I clear the bag of all of them, a small blackish-red velvet box appears.

My eyes widen as I look at Anthony, who is grinning from cheek to cheek.

I pull out the box and open it, revealing a beautiful necklace with my birthstone on it.

"You are something else, you know that?" I have totally forgot what day it was today.

My birthday, and he remembered.

He runs his fingers through his hair with a grin.

"Here's the other gift," he hands me what he had hidden behind his back.

I stand there, my jaw dropping.

A guitar. But, not just any guitar. The last guitar Kurt Cobain ever played.

My eyes swell with tears. He hugs me and kisses my forehead.

I start to calm myself before I speak again. "How did you get this? I thought Courtney wanted it to be kept away."

We break away from the hug so I can
set the precious guitar down to take a seat.

He sits down as well. "Well, I bribed her about getting it for you because you told me how much you wished you would've met Kurt. This was the closest thing to him."

"This is the best birthday ever. Literally." I lean to peck his cheek.

He bit his lip as if to conceal a true feeling.

"I'm gonna put these things away then I'll be back," I put all my stuff together and head to the stairs .

As I went back to the dining room, there were tears rolling down his face.

I rush to him, "Are you okay?"

He shakes his head.

Tony sobs uncontrollably and I hug him tightly.

"What's the matter baby ?"

He brings himself together to talk.

"Just talking about Kurt brought back memories. Good and bad. Not only did Dave , Krist , and the world lose him. But so did me and the guys. We were all so close."

I nod with sympathy. "Tell me about the good parts."

He gives a slight grin.

"Well, he was such a happy person from what I remember. Always there when you needed him the most. Reliable. And important of all, a rebel," he adds with a chuckle.

"That's good. Something to remember him by. Just think about him resting and being in peace."

He nods. "Yeah. Ugh, now I'm sobbing and it's not even my birthday. "

I laugh, "No it's fine to talk about these things."

I hear a sudden knock on the door. Who the fuck is it at 9 am?

I open the door. It's Eddie , the rest of RHCP, Dave Grohl, Krist , and Flea's daughter.

This day couldn't get any better.

A/n: I seriously can't thank you guys enough. So many reads, honestly I didn't think it would be this much people reading. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. By the way, the poem was an original thing so I hoped you guys liked it.