Phone Call (Tessa's POV)

I was talking with Tristan and we were laughing at a joke he just told. Then I heard my phone ring across the room.

"No don't get it they can call back," Tristan said still laughing.

"Hang on it might be important," I said laughing as well. I don't know why but I just had something screaming in my gut saying to answer it. I quickly answered the phone call.

"Hello?" I said still slightly laughing from Tristan's joke.

"Hi is this miss Tessa brooks?" A deep voice on the other line spoke.

"Yes this is her," I said still holding a big grin from laughing.

"It appears you are on miss Alissa Violets emergency contact list," my huge smile immediately faded as my palms started to get sweaty.

"I-is everything okay?" I asked my voice shaking a Little.

"I'm afraid not. Unfortunately we found miss violet stabbed in an alley. She's now in critical condition at the hospital," my heart stopped and dropped to my feet. I started shaking as I felt a tear go down my cheek.

"W-what?" I asked thinking I misheard them.

"I'm sorry," the voice said. And the call ended.

"Tessa?" I heard Tristan's voice but it all sounded distant. I dropped my phone.

"I have to go!" I ran out of the house and ran to the hospital. Yes. Ran. It was only s few miles. As I started running I thought of our last conversation. The day she was kicked out.

~flash back~Cue music~

"TESSA HOW COULD YOU?!"

"JUST GET OUT ALISSA! YOUVE DONE ENOUGH!" My heart broke as I said those words. But I had to. I had to protect her from him.

"TESSA I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!"

"WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG!" I screamed fighting every urge to not cry.

"I can see that now," she said looking down as tears hit the ground.

"I'm sorry that I thought people actually cared," was the last thing she said before she walked out of the room. She left and I laid in my bed and cried. I cried for days over losing her. My bestfriend. If only she knew that I was doing this because I loved her. Because I couldn't watch my bestfriend get murdered.

~end of flashback~ I was running and sobbing. My bestfriend. MY BESTFRIEND. I can't lose her! Not yet! I need her to know I still love her. I need her to know I was trying to protect her. I don't even know why she was kicked out. She would NEVER cheat. She always seemed so happy. But not. Thinking back. Whenever someone asked how she was she would say 'I'm great,' or 'I'm fine' with a big smile. But it was a fake smile. How could I not notice that? It seemed so obvious now. I was so worried about making sure she wasn't hurt. I never realized she was already hurt. She thought I didn't care. Because I was so busy protecting her. She needs to know. I care about her so much! She can't die! I won't lose my bestfriend. I'll die before I let anything happen to her.