Chapter Two

On Monday we had to all go back to work. We were all busy that morning since we had taken the day off. Brandon had an appointment with a guy to get his bike fixed while Raven had a gun class to teach. Marc had called in for a mission early that morning so he had already left, but texted us to say that it shouldn't take long and that he would be home for dinner. Axel and Corey was coming to the diner. Some of our employees were college students in town and had class in the mornings so we were short staff on some of the days not that I minded since we weren't typically very busy in the mornings. Plus they were finished in the afternoon when we had the lunch rush.

Brandon was taking Autumn to school since it was on the way from his work. She went to an Academy run school. Many Academy members had their kids go their as well as children that have been removed from their homes due to different circumstances. I helped Autumn get ready for school since she wanted me to help pick out her clothes for the day. According to her none of the boys knew what style meant. That caused Raven to throw a fit since he was "the person of fashion" but Corey was quick to correct him.

"Ray, I think you mean epitome. The saying goes 'I'm the epitome of fashion."

"Same."

20 minutes later we were out the door and off to our designated locations. Axel parked the car at the diner and I hopped out and opened the front door. Corey and Axel followed after me and we quickly began to get everything ready to open up. I prepped the kitchen with the ingredients that were going to be needing for breakfast and lunch while they settled the tables for the guests. Various workers started making their way inside and helped and I greeted each one as they entered. Most were Academy and started working here after I had opened so we had a family atmosphere around us. They knew of my relationship with the guys and haven't made a big deal out of it, which I was grateful for. The Anderson family had made this more accepted and many teams were trying to find their own shared love. They often came to us for advise on how to go about it.

The breakfast rush was slow so I stayed in the front to help and occasionally went in the back to help cook food when a larger party came in. Axel and Corey made quick work of the tables that cleared out. Efficient as always. Some of our college workers came in just before the lunch rush which was great because today it had hit us hard. Corey had recently made a website for the diner with different information on us and thus giving us exposure. We had enough people to help in the front so I stayed in the kitchen helping with orders as they came in.

It was around 2 o'clock when the rush finally ended and we could all take a breather. I made my way out to the front to visit Axel and Corey for a bit with everything going back to a normal pace. As soon as I came out from the kitchen the bell on the front door chimed signaling that someone came in. I went over to greet them but stopped in my tracks. There standing in front of me were my boys, the same boys that broke my heart 5 years ago. But they weren't boys anymore, they've grown to be handsome young men. The confidence that they lacked in high school now radiance off them. Luckily they hadn't spotted me yet so I back tracked into the kitchen where I sat down on the floor burying my head into the hands. The guys and I haven't discussed what we would do if the Blackborne team ever showed up again. I never thought this day would happen and them showing up now of all times was the worst possible thing that could happen. Autumn knew who they were since it was a very popular request at night for a bedtime story, the story of how I met her dad. I rubbed my temples feeling the impending migraine that was falling upon me. I heard the door open next to me but didn't bother to acknowledge them. They came to my side and I immediately knew it was. The warm musk with a hit of sea salt filled my senses and I knew that everything was going to be okay. Axel didn't say anything but enveloped me into his body and I sunk into his warmth.

"They're here." I whispered.

"I know, Corey and I saw them come in but avoided them. I came in here to see what you wanted to do. We can call Brandon or Raven to come pick you up from the back. You can confront them another time it doesn't have to be now."

"No, it's fine. I'm not going to run away again. I did that once but I was just a scared little girl. I've changed and I refuse to go back to the way I was." I stood up determined. Corey walked in just then.

"Sang. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah Cap. I'm good. I'm going to go bus some tables. Can't hide back here forever, what kind of a boss would I be if I did." I smiled. I walked out of the kitchen with Axel and Corey following closely behind and worked on the far opposite from the Blackborne team not quite ready for them to see me just yet. The other two went back to their jobs but made sure to keep a close eye on me. As I cleaned up the second table the door opened again, then I heard the voice that keeps me breathing cry out.

"Mommy!" My baby girl ran up to me and I approached her. I saw Brandon follow her in with her little backpack slung over his shoulder. I raised my eyebrow at him but he just shrugged. I rolled my eyes and told him that we'd talk later with my eyes. I picked up my little girl and squeezed her tight. I was going to ask her what she was doing here when a voice interrupted me.

"Sang?" I could never forget this voice. They had saved me when nobody else bothered to even look in my direction. I gave Autumn to Axel and he took her to her spot on the front counter to color. Turning to look at them I locked eyes with piercing grey eyes. But that wasn't all I saw. All of them stood mouths gaping.

"Hey..." I said.

"Hey? That's all we get? Sang, where the fuck have you been all this time? We've been looking everywhere for you!" exclaimed Gabriel. I flinched at his tone. Brandon came up to my side and gave my shoulders a comforting squeeze and I relaxed at his touch. This didn't go unnoticed by them. I could see the hurt and regret flash through all of their eyes.

"Maybe we should talk about this in a more private setting. The diner shouldn't get too busy again, you guys can follow us to our apartment so we can talk." Brandon told them.

"That sounds like a good idea Mr. Henshaw. Let us settle our bill and we can go." said Owen.

"Come on Hot stuff, go grab your things and I'll go tell the others." Brandon mumbled into my hair as he kissed my head. I nodded and hurried to the back and grabbed my purse. I told Sara, one of the Academy liaisons that I was going to take care of some family business and asked her to pass the message to the others. Understanding went through her told me not to worry about them.

By the time I got back the Blackborne team had left the diner. Autumn and Corey were waiting for me at the door.

"Axel is in the car waiting for us. B went ahead and showed them the way. Raven and Marc are on their way home, I called them earlier." he said. I nodded

"Who were they mommy?" Autumn asked.

"Remember the boys I told you about? Well that's them. We're going home and mommy and your papas are going to talk to them. So when we get home I want you to be a good girl and go to your room and play with your toys in there okay?"

"Okay! Can I have a snack in my room too?"

"Of course you can."

We had the 20 minute trip back home and parked the car. I saw the familiar black suv and 2 BMWs parked in the lot. The four of us made our way up the elevator and to our apartment. Axel opened the door and revealed Brandon, Raven and Marc on one side of the the living room and the Blackborne team on the other. I didn't say I word as I entered and moved to the kitchen. Autumn quickly gave Raven and Marc a hug and a kiss before going to her room like she was told. I pulled out a box of brownies out and a cup of juice. I passed all 14 of the guys and saw that Axel and Corey had joined the rest of them on the Toma side.

"Here is your snack Angel. I need you to stay in your room no matter what okay? You might here papa Raven raise his voice and some yells but I promise you it will be alright." She nodded her head and I went back to the livening room closing her door behind me. It was time to enter the lion's den.

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I had written Sang meeting the Blackborne team before I knew where I wanted to go with the chapter and how it was going to get there so I hope that it wasn't rushed. Some interesting and plot twist will be revealed in the next chapter so I hope you will watch out for them. I did leave some hits of what it is in chapter 1 and 2 so props to you if you found it.

I am going to update a frequently as I can, but I'm a senior in high school so that might be a little hard to do. I want to update at least a couple of times a month. I hope you will stick around and see what will happen to Sang and the Blackborne/Toma team in my take of Cl Stone's series.