Chapter Four

"So you just went to bed with some random guy you didn't know just like that? Do you know how dangerous that is Sang Baby?" North hollered. I winced at his nickname for me but chose to ignore his comment and continued on with my story.

I woke up the next morning with an arm circled around my waist. For a brief moment I forgot the events that happened the previous day but as I began to come out of my sleepy haze the room around me was unfamiliar and the scent of whoever I was laying next to was different as well. I jolted up and surveyed the room. I began to recall the events that had occurred. I was too tired to look around the room before I went to sleep. Marc's room was dark blue and all the things he kept seemed to match his personality. A snowboard hanged on the wall near is desk and seashells littered the adjacent bookshelf. Other than that his room was fairly blank. There weren't many pictures besides the ones on his night table. One of what looks like him on his snowboard and an older photo of the Toma Team. The photo had 6 people in it instead of 5. I scooted to the edge of the bed to get a closer look.

"That's Kevin." A voice behind me said. I gasp, I could usually tell if someone was moving around me.

"You scared me." I whispered. "Did you just wake up?"

"No, I woke up just after you did. That was one hell of a jump. Forgot where you were for a moment?" I nodded and my gaze went back to the photo.

"What happened to him, Kevin I mean." Realizing I was invading their privacy I quickly backtracked. "Sorry, I didn't-- you don't have to tell me."

"It's no big deal. He got a girlfriend and working with the Academy and our team was interfering with that. He left to start a family and we understood. We still keep in contact."

"That's good." A moment of silence.

"You hungry? I'm not much of a cook but I was manage quite well on my own. Corey usually cooks when you have the down time."

"I can cook. I feel like I should repay you guys for all you're doing for me. It's the least I could do." I quickly got out of the bed and began to make my way out of his room leaving no room for debate. Marc trailed behind me. I opened the refrigerator and saw that they had a few ingredients to make omelets.

"Do you think that you can help me out? I don't know where everything is and I don't want to go storming through your cabinets." I asked.

"Of course, just tell me where you need me and I'll be there."

We began set a rhythm as we began cooking. Marc had grabbed the things I needed and I cooked whatever came to mind with the ingredients that were available. After some time I was aquatinted with the kitchen enough that he left me alone to go wake up the others. My habit of waking up early hasn't stopped yet and I sometimes forget that others don't run on the same clock as I do. Brandon and Corey came in when I was nearly done and Axel came out from his room just about the same time. I greeted them from my spot in the kitchen and they came shuffling in to set of the table.

I watched them set up and my heartached. They moved like the Blackborne team, never getting in each others way. A quick glance and they knew exactly what the other's next moved was going to be. I finished up breakfast and started to move the food to the table before I was quickly stopped by Corey, who took the plates of food from my hands. Soon enough everything was set but Raven was still missing.

"Where's Raven? Did no one wake him up?" I asked.

"He's not much of a morning person. I went in to wake him but he didn't move and inch." Marc shrugged. "His fault for missing on some good home cooking."

"I'll go wake him up then. I'd feel bad for letting him miss breakfast. Besides you guys said that you would help set up the furniture in my apartment and he can't do that on an empty stomach." I began to make my way to his room. Before they could stop me I entered. His room was plain with black walls. He had a table on one end with what looked like gun pieces laid out. Other than the table, guns and his bed there wasn't much else. I moved across to his side where I could see him stretched across the bed.