Chapter Five

The next day I went down to the main lobby to check out the help wanted posters that were posted. Most of the jobs didn't interest me but some of them seemed nice and I took the phone numbers that were on the page. When I came back up I saw Raven outside my door pacing. At the sound of my footsteps he jolted forward pulling me into him.

"Where have you been? I was about to breakdown your door malen'kiy voin." he growled.

"I was downstairs looking at the help wanted posters. I need to get a job. I was only gone for a few minutes." I said trying to prying myself away from my grasp. "Raven, you need to let go. I have to make breakfast.

"Net. Corey is making breakfast. Eat with us." I huffed. Raven was very much like North in a way but from what I've gathered, he would not like it so much if I told him that. I stayed limp as he carried me down the hall towards his apartment. When we got inside I was set down at the table and a plate of eggs and toast was placed in front of me. No one had said a word about Raven so I didn't bother to express my annoyance. Soon enough everyone sat down with a plate.

"Why were you up so early?" asked Marc.

"I couldn't sleep. I had a nightmare and that kept me up most of the night. Plus I wanted to head down to look at the job offers."

"So soon? You just got here, shouldn't you try and get more situated in Houston before looking for a job? I'm sure Phil won't mind you settling down first." said Axel.

"I know that but I want to be able to stand on my own two feet. I've constantly been taken care of my entire life and now that I'm on my own I feel like I should take responsibility. The earnings I get from my job aren't going to make a difference for a while so the sooner that I can stand on my own two feet the better." I reasoned.

"She has a point." Corey sighed. "Did you find anything that you liked while you were down there?"

"I grabbed a few that I thought could work. I just need to find something that can pay for food and other things for now to build up a resume."

"We could help you find something. We all work jobs outside of the Academy, if you see something that you like you could work with us."

"No! That's thoughtful of you but I don't want to impose. You all have helped me so much thus far. Getting my a job would be too much."

"Sang, we're friends now and friends help each other when they're in need. You're stuck with us now and we are going to help no matter what. In all honesty, you won't even need to get a job. We all make a decent amount of money from the Academy and our real world jobs that we could take care of you and your baby for as long as you need us." Brandon said staring directly into my eyes telling me that he meant every word that he said.

"We can set up days so that you can fully see what we do. It can start next week so you have more time to get settled with everything." piped in Corey. I nodded my head, not sure how to respond to their kindness.

"That settles it then. Sang, why don't you hang out here for the day. A few of us have to pop in and out but at least one of us will be here at all times." said Axel. I nodded again and with that everyone began to move around. Raven pulled me towards the couch and plopped us down and Corey trailed behind. Brandon and Marc were going on an Academy mission and Axel need to check in with his lab. The three of them said their goodbyes and I was left with Corey and Raven.

I moved myself to the end on the couch away from Raven as he started us a game on the Xbox. Corey sat on the love seat on his computer. I figured he was working on that game he mentioned when they had told me the other jobs they did.