"Anytime...anything"

It was his last night at home. Within hours he'd be out of our flat and in a plane, going to shoot The End of the Fucking World. I was so proud of him, this was
his pride and joy.

Even though I was delighted to see him strive in what he worked so hard for, I was going to miss him...a lot. This would be the last night I'd get to see him in the flesh, annoy him, hug him and other things for a good while.

The two of us stood on our balcony, watching the people below us move like ants.

"Y/N you know I'm gonna miss you."

"Same here." He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine, simple things like these were what I was going to miss most. Whenever I'd be struggling and hopelessly lost just his touch or his voice would ignite motivation and give me the tenacity to continue.

The moment stood still, the ethereal breeze sweeping our hair to the side. The shades of purple and light blue created the sky above us, tinges or dark blue and purple complimenting the masterpiece. No words were spoken, but the expressions plastered on our faces seemed to do the talking.

"You can call me anytime for anything even if you want to tell me about a random dog you saw on the street."

"Okay." I'd feel bad if I did that, he'll be busy.

"I'll make time...don't think it's gonna cause an altercation, you mean the most to me and I'd saw off a fucking body limb for you."

"Anything?"

"Anytime...anything." I saw his eyes sparkle, sounds a bit cliché. Yeah it's really cliché.

"Let's go inside." He shut the door behind us the last gust of wind flowing throughout the room before it died down completely. Alex went to the kitchen and started making tea, as I chose the record that would be played. It took me a while to decide on one, I'm quite indecisive. After much contemplation, I settled for Strange Days. I heard the clatter of the mugs hitting the table. I turned and saw Alex on the couch already.

"Are you excited? This is massive."

"I am...I never thought this would be possible it's insane." His happiness and eagerness was tangible by the way he grinned and acted. I kissed him on the cheek, then i rested my head on his lap, his lanky arms immediately draping over my body.

"Love me two times, love me two times, baby, love me twice today, love me two times, girl, I'm goin' away, love me two times girl, one for tomorrow, one just for today, love me two times, I'm goin' away." Alex sang along, swaying along to the song.

"Love me one time, I could not speak, love me one time, Yeah, my knees got weak
but love me two times, girl." I joined in, the two of us smiling profusely.

"You're pretty...beautiful. I don't think I say it as much as I'm supposed to. You're just overwhelmingly amazing, you don't even try you just are naturally. Your personality just makes you even better, you're so genuine." I've heard him say this an abounding amount of times, he's a loving, kind and heartfelt person.

"You're even better Alex, it's not even just your looks, everything... it's everything," He kissed me, the palpable sense of saudade radiating through the room.

"I love you to bits Alex."

"I love you even more Y/N."