"We're gonna melt to death."

It was summer, the most bittersweet season that has ever existed. The relief of having minimal responsibilities, no curfews, unlimited hours of sleep and not having to deal with everyone's attitudes felt amazing. On the other hand there was the grueling heat that seemed bearable at first, but as time progressed it was literal hell on earth. Though there was AC throughout the pad, it's powers seemed inadequate to cool the area. Electric fans were great too, but as the minutes turned to hours the sensation of the slightly chilly breeze seemed normal.

Y/N and Alex were in their flat, their sweaty body's lay still on the ground, their hands gripping onto each others with the desire to feel some sort of relief from the torturous heat, every so often switching positions to prevent their slick bodies from sticking to the floor. Seemed disgusting, well it was and it felt utterly terrible as well.

"How is it so hot?"

"I ask myself that every time I see you." Alex's weak chuckle could be heard from where he was sprawled out. In response, Y/N's equally weak laugh resonated throughout the room.

"What do we do Alex, it's soooo hot."

"Walk around in our underwear?" It wasn't evident whether he was joking or not, even if he wasn't joking the idea still seemed doable to her.

"M'kay. Strip for me Lawther." She giggled as she watched Alex swing his shirt around, the breeze emitting from the quick rounds of the t-shirt sending Y/N's hair back. The white piece of cloth dropped to the floor and he pulled his baggy shorts off. A small amount of relief briefly washing over him.

"Your turn." Her hands went to the end of her shirt, she lifted the light purple fabric over her head and tossed it towards Alex. Her pair of black shorts slid down her legs and she kicked them off, sending them somewhere else in the room.

"I don't even know if this worked."

"Doubt it did much."

"Oh well." Alex sighed as the two of them flopped down onto the couch. Y/Ns head rested on his shoulder, even if it was unbearably hot the pair still wanted some sort of contact. Just a simple way of showing how much they actually meant to one another.

"You know suffering kinda sucks, but I love suffering with you."

"I love suffering with you too." Alex gripped Y/N's hand even tighter, their sweaty palms sticking together.

After several minutes of sitting still as the electric fan twisted, sending a barely noticeable flow of wind across the room, the pair had become hot and restless once again.

"We're gonna melt to death."

"Shower?"

"That sounds lovely." He stood up from the couch, dragging Y/N to bathroom. Their footsteps echoing through the hallways. 

Alex turned to knob to get the water flowing through the nozzle. The sound of thudding drops of water seemed calming and enticing. The two of them pulled the last garments of clothing that remained on their sweaty bodies off. Y/N pulled the curtain aside as she entered soon followed by Alex.

"Mmmm this feels good," Her audible sighs of relief oscillated throughout the tiny tiled walls. She smiled contently with her back facing Alex. Meanwhile, he was relishing the sensation of the frigid droplets of water hitting his back. Y/N turned to Alex, resting her head on his chest and wrapping her arms around his waist. She kissed a trail from the middle of his stomach up to his neck, finally reaching his lips. He returned the gesture, their lips moving in sync as they slowly let themselves get more into it. Their hands roamed all over each others bodies.

When they finally pulled away for air their hands immediately latched onto one another's. They eyed each other up and down, nodding and smirking as their eyes met.

"This will probably contradict the purpose of getting colder but let's do it anyways."