Chocolate

5 days later

My decision has finally been made. It had taken long enough. Five days deciding whether or not to pursue a man I met for barely two minutes. My decision was final, I needed to move on.

//

"Let's go! Noah and I have waited long enough!" Chelsea is yelling at me from downstairs in our apartment. We are all going to a party tonight. It was our friend George's party. It's probably good to get my head off of Matty. I needed to find someone as special as him. That's why it took me so long to get ready. I wanted to look good because I needed someone and I needed someone bad. Even if it's just for the night.

"I'm coming! Get in the car, I'll be down in a second!" I yell back at them.

I walk up to the car and all I get are stares. Can't tell if they are good or bad until Noah says something.

"Lookin' hot!" I thought it was hilarious, but Chelsea did not. She hit him in the arm playfully.

I was wearing a leather skirt with a zipper down the side. It went to right above my knee. I think this is the perfect length. Along with a v-neck lace top. That has always been a show stopper. The necklace was the one my mom gave to me right before she passed, so it meant a lot. 

"What do you think?" I said to Chelsea assuring that she liked it as well.

"Love!", she said with a huge smile on her face. I know this meant that she was being genuine and that feeling felt so great. 

We all get in the car on the way to George's party. 

I stated something obvious by saying,"Your car smells like chocolate." Chocolate was our "code word" for weed. We act like children and I love it.

Noah goes, "Probably because we've been smoking." I should have known. Of course, they were high. I'm not like that at all but it seems like all they do is get high. And if they're not doing that they're drinking. I've never really been a fan of either myself but to each their own I guess. 

//

It felt so weird to be walking to George's apartment with two people who were so stoned out of their minds. 

"Chloe I've missed you dear." George greats me, but I get distracted by something I see over on his bright red sofa and I don't respond.

The tight dark brown curls. I knew them. There I saw Matty make eye contact directly with me. I know that he glanced over as soon as he heard my name. He was dressed in black from head to toe. The same mysterious man I met almost a month ago was right before me. I could not function. I see him stand up and make his way over to me. He knew I wanted him. And I knew he wanted me.

"How are you here?" It was something I needed to know. I was in no way trying to be or sound rude, but it may have come off that way.

His beautiful voice all rushed back to me as he said, "George and I are in the same band, mate.", putting his arm around him. 

He was in a band too? Music is what keeps me going every day. Knowing he's passionate about music made me even more passionate about him.

Matty takes my hand as if he's known me for years and guides me to the red sofa where he sat before. We talked about so many things. Our fears, our hopes, our dreams. I felt so comfortable with him. I barely knew him, but I could trust him with all I knew. The way he sat with his arms wide open over the sofa, the way he was never afraid to look me directly in my blue eyes, the way he was just so confident, but never cocky made me believe this. I was so intrigued by the way he would continue to look at my lips as if he wanted them. He would push my long blonde hair behind my ears as to get a better view of me as I spoke. 

I got closer to him every time he said something.Looking at his lips, then directly into his eyes. He took the lead I gave him. Matty slid his rugged hand up my jawline to it get behind my ear, gave me one more strong look in the eyes then pulled me in. He didn't just kiss me, he did it ever so passionately. I needed him. Now.

//Building up speed as we're approaching a hill.//