Chapter 2 - Meeting Jamie Leigh

‘Joey, what are you doing here’ Maisie asked closing the door behind her. ‘This thing, threw up all over my jeans, so now she’s your responsibility.’ He argued handing Jamie Leigh back to Maisie. ‘First of all, this, is not a thing. She is your daughter you moron. Secondly, so what if she threw up on your jeans. She’s a baby, she doesn’t know any better, and anyway, I’m sure you still own that heap you call a washing machine, so put it to good use. And lastly, I’m busy. I’m working. This isn’t a place for a three month old baby. I can’t look after her here’ she called abruptly. ‘Are you sure she’s mine? After all you’re claiming you were raped. Anyways, I’ve places to be. I’m off with my new girlfriend’ he smirked before walking off leaving Maisie there holding the baby.

Tom obviously saw what was going on, as he walked out and put his arm around her. ‘I’ve explained to the boys that you have a baby and they’ve decided to look after her for you while you’re working. Don’t worry, we won’t kill her, and anyway, Nath’s really good with babies, since he’s still one himself.’ He looked her deeply in the eyes and knew she was still worried. ‘We’ll even sit and watch you until you’re finished, that way you’ll know she’s safe. Okay?’ he asked. ‘Okay.’ She agreed. ‘Thanks Tom’ she smiled before pecking him on the forehead and handing him Jamie Leigh.

Tom had no clue how to look after a baby. Thankfully she was asleep, so he crept in the glass door and slowly closed it behind him. ‘Here Nath. I promised Maisie, you would look after Jamie Leigh for her. Careful now, she’s asleep.’ He whispered. Nathan took the baby into his arms and began to cradle her. ‘I could get used to this’ he thought to himself. As he sat there holding Jamie Leigh, he began to feel stronger feelings for Maisie. He had never met her before, this being the first time they laid eyes on each other, yet he felt she was beautiful. Now, he admired her greatly. Tom had explained that she had spent the last few months looking after Jamie Leigh on her own, because her boyfriend left her after he found out she was pregnant.

‘How could someone be so mean?’ he thought to himself. ‘The girl had been raped and ended up pregnant, but her heartless boyfriend left her once she found out.’ Then Jamie Leigh began to open her eyes. She began to whine a little, so Nathan put her over his shoulder and began to pat her back. There was still no sign off her stopping, so he found her bag and walked down the hall with Jamie Leigh to find the men’s bathroom. He undid the buttons on her baby grow and began to pull off her nappy to change it.

He was a natural. After a few minutes, Jamie Leigh began to take to Nathan like a house on fire. Every now and again Maisie would look over and smile at Nathan, who was now bottle feeding Jamie. He looked into her brown eyes and began to fall in love. He had only known her twenty minutes at the most, yet he still cared about her. That’s when the whole workshop ended.

‘We’ll see everyone same time, same place, this time next week!’ called Maisie before joining Kelsey beside Nathan. ‘Nathan, this is Maisie, Maisie this is Nathan’ Kelsey introduced them. ‘Thanks for taking care of Jamie Leigh for me. You were very helpful!’ she smiled. ‘It was my pleasure. She was an angel!’ he smiled. He noticed that Jamie Leigh had Maisie’s brown eyes and brown hair, except that Maisie’s hair was shoulder length and wavy. She was extremely skinny, so skinny, it was hard to believe that she had given birth just three months previous. ‘Can I take you out on a date sometime?’ he asked. ‘Sure’ she smiled. ‘How about tomorrow evening? I’ll pick you up fat 6pm? You live beside Tom and Kelsey right?’ he asked before she nodded.

‘Okay! Coming out tonight guys?’ Kelsey asked them. ‘We’re going to head into town tonight, let our hair down. We’ll ask Jayne if she can take care of Jamie. She’s mad about babies!’ Jay laughed. ‘Um okay’ replied Maisie getting assurance from Nathan, ‘why not?!’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael xx