Chapter 21 - All A Dream?

‘You okay babe?’ Nathan asked as we snuggled under the duvet. ‘Yeah, fine’ I whispered smiling from ear to ear. I twirled the buttons on his shirt with my fingers, almost knocking a few off. ‘We should probably come out from under the duvet’ he suggested. ‘It’s a little dark’ he added. ‘Not just yet, I’m happy here with you, just the two of us’ I whispered snuggling in closer to him. It was the closet we had ever been. Saying that we hadn’t really been together much as a couple apart from the time we slept together after the night out, but he was drunk then. I had to take care of him. ‘Kiss?’ I asked. ‘Kiss’ he smiled pecking me teasingly on the lips. I pecked him quickly again before quickly lifting the duvet off our heads.

That’s when I woke up. I sat up in the bed as I laid my hands down on my pillow. Unfortunately it was all a dream. ‘You okay?’ Jay asked as he turned to face me in the bed. ‘Yeah, I just had a nightmare’ I sighed lying down again. ‘Did it involve Nathan and Avery?’ he asked. ‘Sorta’ I replied. I closed my eyes and thought about the previous few hours.

‘Nathan?’ I asked before seeing those famous eyes. ‘Oh hey Jay’ I sighed throwing myself down on the bed, flat out. ‘Sorry to disappoint you’ he replied sweetly. ‘It’s okay, I’m not disappointed, I’m just upset’ I sighed. ‘I understand. We can all see you love Nathan and he loves you. You should be together, I guess neither of you can find the courage to do more about it’ he shrugged. ‘I don’t think I love him, it’s only early days yet’ I replied. ‘How do you know if you’re in love?’ I asked breaking the silence. ‘You know you are in love when every time you start to think about the one you love, butterflies start flying in your stomach. You know you are in love when can't stop smiling every time you see that person. You admire every single bit of them whether it is good or bad. Nobody’s perfect and you understand that. You know when you’re in love when you think about them all the time and you even plan your future with them in your head’ he explained. Did I do that? Every time I saw him I got a tingling feeling that I’ve never been able to explain and I do admire his imperfections but I don’t think I plan our future together. ‘Does that last one include in your dreams?’ I asked. ‘I guess so’ he shrugged turning on the TV. ‘AVATAR!’ he exclaimed bouncing on the bed. I do imagine him in my dreams. I guess I do love Nathan. I’m going to bed ‘Jaybird, you know where the door is, but you can stay as long as you please’ I smiled. ‘About that, I let Nath stay in my room. Things between him and Avery got a little frisky back at the club so I guessed they wanted alone time’ he presumed. ‘Oh’ I whispered jumping in under the covers. ‘Are you not going to jump in beside me then?’ I asked patting the bed. ‘I’ll just sleep on the couch’ he smiled. ‘Nope, you won’t. I left my teddy bear at home so I need someone to cuddle’ I laughed. ‘If you insist’ he teased crawling up the bed. ‘On a scale of one to ten, how jealous are you of Avery?’ he asked as we watched Avatar. ‘11’ I sighed. ‘Don’t worry, I don’t think their relationship will last much longer. He cares an awful lot for you and now that he’s declared his love for you, he’ll probably act on it. The only thing standing in the way is that, he doesn’t know how you feel about him. You need to tell him. You know in the club after you left he broke down. He doesn’t think you feel the same and he doesn’t want to face life without you. He wants to do all he can for you and Jamie and if he can’t be with you then he wants to be at least a father figure to her. You know we meet a lot of small children and babies while we’re on tour, but he’s never taken a shine to a child so quickly like he has with Jamie. I guess it’s faith!’ he laughed.

I don’t recall much more after that; I guess I feel asleep. But what Jay said was true. I do really need to tell Nathan about how I feel, otherwise we may never get together. I’ve already blown two chances with him, I can’t go and blow a third. Now all I need to do is get Nath while he’s on his own but I probably shouldn’t do it until we leave for New Zealand and I know that things with Avery are going no further, I don’t want to be the cause of them splitting up, that is if they are actually seeing each other which I guess they are after that public display of affection in the club.

‘This is your morning call!’ Big Kev called from outside the door. ‘Kev, go away!’ Tom called from his room so loud that we could actually hear him. ‘Thomas, please don’t raise your voce at me’ Kev warned sternly. ‘SORRY!’ he called back. ‘THOMAS!’ he replied shouting at the top of his lungs. ‘Quiet don’t you wake the neighbours’ Jay whispered sticking his head out the hotel door. ‘Aw did Maisie and Jay get it on last night?’ Tom appeared at his door as I peeped out under Jay’s hands. Seconds later Nathan and Siva appeared at theirs. ‘Jay you have sex hair!’ Siva teased. I waved softly at Nathan as he smiled back.

‘I missed not talking to you properly’ I whispered as I moved in for a hug. ‘I know, me too’ he whispered back as he rocked me back and forth in his arms. ‘Where’s Avery?’ I asked sneaking a peek inside his empty hotel room. ‘I have no idea. I told her that things with us were going nowhere so I left her back at the club. She was too clingy’ he laughed wiggling his eyebrows. ‘Come on you two, you have to get ready. You boys have an interview soon’ Kev warned. I turned and noticed that we were the only two left out in the hall. ‘Come on, your clothes are in OUR room’ I smiled as he held my hand.

Jay tottered on back to his room to get changed so it was just the two of us, but Nathan spent the whole time in the shower. As I slipped on some skinny black jeans, I heard some giggling from outside our room. ‘Hey boys’ I slurred catching them off guard. ‘Hey Maisie’ they replied in unison. ‘Whatcha doin’?’ I asked. ‘Just talking’ Tom smiled. ‘Ready?’ Nathan asked peering at the door as the boys began giggling and whispering amongst themselves. ‘Weirdos’ I whispered to Nath as he nodded in acknowledgement. ‘Leggo’ Jay signalled making sure we walked on ahead.

I walked on ahead with Nathan, he arm firmly around my shoulder. ‘I like this’ I whispered as I laid my head on his shoulder. ‘Me too’ he whispered back playing with my hair. Max and Tom wolf whistled from behind, way behind. ‘They’re so far back’ I told him. ‘They’re just slow walkers I guess’ he shrugged. We waited for them at the elevator. They were as slow as snails; literally! Nathan held the door open with his foot until they arrived but they came up with some excuse not to use the elevator. ‘Oh, I need to tie my lace!’ Tom sighed bending down. ‘Tom your lace isn’t open!’ I exclaimed. ‘Um yes it is, you two just go on ahead. The guys will help me tie my lace.’ ‘Suit yourself’ Nath sighed opening the doors for us. ‘Just us two then’ I sighed holding onto the railing. ‘Not a fan of lifts?’ he asked pressing the G button for the ground floor. ‘No’ I whispered pulling my jacket close to my chest. ‘Come here.’ He opened his arms out wide before I snuggled into his chest. The lift began to slowly move. ‘I’ll keep you safe’ he whispered. ‘Nath’ I mumbled. ‘Yeah?’ he asked. ‘I..’ all of a sudden there was a big bang. ‘What’s happening?’ I asked as the lights flickered. The emergency light began flickering on and off before dying eventually. ‘I think we’re stuck.’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH NO!! I'll update Friday hopefully guys!

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Be Spontanious :) 

Rachii :) xx