Chapter 26 - The Promise

‘Joey, what the hell are you doing here?’ I spat as he looked in over Jamie’s crib. ‘Hello my beautiful little girl. Is mommy treating you well? I hope so because my baby girl deserves the best treatment in the world doesn’t she? Yes she does, yes she does!’ he cooed as she giggled sweetly. ‘Don’t you dare go near my daughter!’ I warned going for him. ‘She is my daughter too’ he corrected. ‘The last time I checked you brought her back after she threw up all over your jeans. I thought you wanted nothing else to do with her?’ I asked rolling the crib out of his way. ‘Well, I saw pictures of you and lover boy on the internet so I thought I’d come and protect my little princess from that monster’ he whispered walking around me to get to the crib again. ‘Did you miss me baby?’ he whispered hunched over the crib. I watched on as she smiled up at him sweetly. I hadn’t seen her smile like that in ages. I guess I was losing my touch with her. I was no longer a good mother. My love and social lives were swiftly taking over my life. I’m so selfish. Jamie should be the most important thing in my life at the moment but she’s not. I keep leaving her in the hands of other people while I live my life to the full. I could have more fun with her than I would out on the town.

‘Joey if you knew what was good for you, you wouldn’t touch her’ I warned pulling him by the hand. ‘Oh really’ he whispered raising his eyebrows before slapping me hard across the face, sending me flying to the ground. ‘If you knew what was good for you, you wouldn’t say another word, do you hear me?’ he asked pulling out a Stanley knife (a little bigger and sharper than a pocket knife). ‘You see this knife here?’ he asked sharping the blade on the tip of his boot, like Shylock did in The Merchant of Venice before threatening to cut off a pound of Antonio’s fair flesh, ‘this knife could cause some serious damage to your beautiful soft face’ he whispered the whiskey evident on his breath. He rubbed my cheek softly before leaning in further and planting numerous kisses on my lips before moving his lips down my jaw.  ‘You do exactly what I say, and you don’t get hurt okay?’ he warned. I nodded immediately as his eyes grew menacing. ‘Disobey me and both you and lover boy get the chop. You see, what you don’t know is, we’ve been following you for the last few days. We’ve watched your every step and we know everything you’ve done including your fall from the cliff and the incident when you got trapped in the lift. What you also don’t know is that I hired Leyton to cause friction between you and Nathan, but it didn’t work so I stopped the lift, trapping you both inside. But my plan back fired and here I am, ready to cause some friction of my own. You deserve everything you get today. You’ve had it coming to you since the day you told me you were pregnant. Now give me your hand’ he warned sticking his hand out in front of me. I declined his offer, tying them behind my back. ‘Give me your hand’ he repeated this time raising his voice. I reluctantly gave him my left hand, wary of what he was going to do. I winced in pain as he softly slid the edge of the knife down the inside of my finger, oozing drops of blood every second.  

‘That’ll teach you to mess with me’ he mumbled throwing me a dirty tissue from his back pocket. He paced the floor, thinking about his next move as I applied pressure to the stinging cut down my finger. I scanned the room for my phone, in the hope I could somehow get the message to Nathan, but I wasn’t the first person to spot it. I jumped up and sprinted across the room in a race with Joey but he was the first one to get to it. As he did, he pushed me over and as I fell I bumped my head off the corner of the table. There was no blood, but my vision went blurry. ‘You poor baby’ he laughed unlocking my phone. ‘So, lover boy’s name is Nathan I hear?’ he asked looking at me for a response. ‘Yeah, thought so’ he added putting the fun to his ear. When the phone began beeping he put it on loud speaker for me to hear. ‘Hey babe, what’s up?’ Nathan asked in a sweet voice. ‘Nathan! Help, it’s Joey!’ I screamed at the phone hoping he would hear me. ‘Shut it you!’ he spat taking control of the conversation. ‘Hello Mr. Sykes. This is Joey speaking. I’ve just called to inform you that this may be the last time you see your precious girlfriend alive or anyone alive for that matter. I’d like to warn you and tell you that any moment now, my team will be on your tracks ready to hunt you down and kill you on that spot. Say your last goodbye’s lover boy, because you won’t be seeing anyone for a long time to come’ Joey laughed evilly. ‘Maisie, I love you!’ Nathan called down the other end of the phone. ‘I love you too Nathan!’ I screamed back before Joey hung up.

‘Get on the bed’ he ordered pointing to the messy pile of pillows lying on top of the duvet. I stumbled across the floor, still feeling the effects of the knock before lying down. He sat on my stomach as he pulled off my clothes. I watched on as he raped me. He raped me once again. I lay shivering in the bed after he did the deeds. He sat on the couch as he cradled Jamie in his arms. ‘Maisie!’ Nathan called as he knocked violently on the door. ‘Nathan!’ I called rocking myself in the bed. ‘Let me in!’ he demanded. ‘JOEY!’ he called from outside. ‘Don’t you dare move!’ Joey warned me protecting Jamie in his arms as he stood up. Nathan began counting from outside and before I knew it, he smashed the hotel door down. ‘You’re paying the damages bill, not me’ Joey blurted as he came face to face with Nathan, for the first time.

‘Don’t you dare lay a finger on Maisie or Jamie, do you hear me?’ Nathan warned. ‘Or what, you’ll mess my hair up big boy’ Joey laughed. ‘Don’t you get smart with me. You think you’re great storming in here threatening to hurt everyone, but all you are is a coward. Only cowards hurt women’ Nathan spat. ‘Now leave!’ Nathan demanded pointing at the empty doorway where the door once stood. ‘Fine’ Joey smile smugly, walking off with a sleeping Jamie in his arms. ‘Don’t count on seeing Jamie again because before you know it, she’ll be gone’ Joey spat before leaving, soon to be out of sight. ‘Nathan’ I sobbed into his chest. ‘He took my baby Nathan’ I whaled. ‘Sshh’ he whispered rocking me back and forth. ‘We’ll get her back, I promise’ he whispered. ‘I promise.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it! I updated! Wow! I was in an awful rush to update for you all tonight! Hope you've all checked out the first 3 chapters of My Father's Daughter, if not I'll forgive you for not doing it because, well... I love you all indivually! You're all amazing! I can't thank you enough for reading as far as chapter 1, never mind 26. Just a word of warning, I have lots more to come! So, peace out people! I'm also in a great mood because I got an A in my English exam! Thank you William Shakespeare! I'm going to be cheeky and say 4 votes and 2 comments before I write the next chapter! Is that fair enough??

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Raquel :D xx