Chapter 18 - The Fall

Contains a little bad language at the end!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Space by itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind union of the two will preserve an independent reality. Clearing your head means getting rid of all the problems that’s bothering you, whether it is work, school or family. You need to start were the problem first began and work your way forward gradually until you finally come to where you are now. Sometimes that can be hard if you don’t know where the problem started or how you can solve it. The most important thing though, is to stay positive through the whole thing.The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Being positive or negative are habits of thoughts that have a very strong influence on life. Being positive can motivate you, where being negative can give you a bad outlook on things. Three letters that determine your life's direction. In various situations forgetting about it may help, but in this scenario, maybe talking about it is best. 

‘The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.’ I stood looking out on the sea, my shoes in one hand, my phone in the other. Nathan continued ringing but I continued declining his phone call. I needed time to think and I always found that the beach was the best place to do it clearly, maybe it was because of the fresh clean air there. Thankfully there were loads of quite beaches near our hotel, so it made it difficult for anyone to find me. The waves gently crashed against the rocks on the calm evening. The sound was soothing, the atmosphere calm. The stars above and the nearby street lamps reflected beautifully on the blue, clear sea.

‘I’d love to live beside the sea’ Nathan whispered from behind me. ‘Why don’t you? It might give the rest of us a little peace and quiet’ I mumbled. ‘Aw please Maisie, don’t be like this’ he pleaded. ‘Be like what Nathan? You lied to me. I thought we were getting on well?’ I suggested. ‘We were, we are. I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings. I was going to tell you that I was texting Avery but it was only early and anyway, I only met her today’ he explained. ‘Hurt my feelings? Why would you hurt my feelings? You hurt my feelings when you lied, not when you were flirting with Avery’ I mumbled. ‘I know you have feelings for me’ he whispered as he came closer, so close that our faces were almost touching. ‘I have feelings for you too’ he whispered laying his forehead against mine before kissing me passionately. ‘I don’t have feelings for you’ I interrupted breaking the kiss. ‘Where are you going?’ he asked as I stormed off. ‘To get some space, that’s why I came out alone in the first place’ I called. ‘Don’t get hurt’ he warned. ‘I’m a big girl now’ I spat back.

I hiked up the side of the cliff, gripping onto the rocks hard, refusing to let go until my feet were securely on the rocks. The view from the cliff was completely different from the one from the beach, obviously because I could see the whole beach (only barely, it was starting to get dark quickly) from where I was standing. ‘I’ll have some problem getting down from here’ I mumbled to myself knowing that if I stayed any longer, I’d have to stay there the night. It would be really dangerous to climb down in the pitch dark. Just before I left, I wanted to look over the edge, just a little to see how high up I was. I put my foot on the edge of the rock and peaked over before losing my balance and slipping off the edge. I gripped on to the rock with both hands, my legs dangling freely. ‘Here, give me your hand’ a young boy with an Australian accent called. All I could see was his bright blue eyes and dazing white smile. I felt his hand grip mine before he pulled me back up onto the rock with one strong tug. ‘Thank you’ I whispered. ‘You’re welcome. Are you okay?’ he asked. ‘Apart from the state of shock I’m in and the grazed knee, I’m fine’ I laughed. ‘Oh come back to mine and let me look at that for you’ he offered. ‘No it’s fine but thank you anyway’ I laughed returning to the edge to get down. ‘No I insist’ he replied following me. I carefully found my way down, which was an awful lot easier than getting up there in the first place. Come to think of it, it was a rather stupid idea going up there in the first place, especially that late at night, but what’s done is done.

 I followed him down the pavements of Australia, taking in every building we passed so I knew how to get back to the hotel, and for protection just in case he turned out to be a young man fond of making young women his sexual prey, not that all Australian’s are like that, it’s just some people can be extremely vicious.

His flat was smaller than I expected; a small living room, a kitchen with just the bare essentials and two rooms down the hall. ‘Pull out a chair there, I’ll get the first aid box’ he told me. I sat down at the table, patiently waiting for him to return. It took me a few minutes of standard lighting to realise that he reminded me of someone I knew very well; Nathan. He had a brown quiff just like him (he cut his fringe) a cute button nose, a round face and incredible eyes, except the only difference was his were blue while Nathan’s were green. ‘That’s more than a small graze’ he told me shocked. I looked down to see a stream of blood pumping from a deep cut in my knee. ‘It looks deep, but I don’t think you’ll need stitches he informed me cleaning the wound. He covered it with a plaster, then I was able to leave. ‘Thanks’ I smiled. ‘You’re welcome’ he replied. ‘What’s your name by the way?’ he asked. ‘Maisie’ I replied. ‘Mine’s Leyton, can I get your number?’ he asked. I wrote it on his forearm as he typed his number into my phonebook. ‘Thanks again’ I called closing the door behind me.

I skipped down the road, ignoring the searing pain in my knee. It was good to be happy again. I read the text that I had just gotten from Jay. ‘Hey Mais, we’re going to a club, want to come?  - Jay x’ I opened a new, blank text before filling it with my message. ‘I’d love to! – Maisie x’ I jogged up the steps to the fourth floor before skipping down to my room. I braced myself for the moody teenager that was bound to be inside, but he wasn’t there. ‘Hey Jay!’ I sang noticing Jay sitting on the bed. ‘Hey girlfriend’ he replied mockingly. ‘Where’s Sid?’ I asked looking around. ‘He was horny, so I said he could have my room because I didn’t want you walking in on him’ he explained. ‘He’s making out with Avery?’  I asked as my jaw hit the floor. ‘Is that her name?’ he asked. ‘Yeah’ I mumbled. ‘Yeah he’s making out with her and I could hear them from here’ he sighed. That little fucker…..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I liked writing this chapter more than any other chapter I've ever written for some reason! I hope you all like it and it makes up for the last really really bad chapter I posted! This is where things start to get a lot more interesting! I'm going to start writing chapter 19 now but I don't think it will be up for a while because of the time! I don't think I can post tomorrow night because of my homework. From looking at my timetable, I can tell I'll have a lot of homework (double Biology, Accouting, French, Maths!) but Wednesday seems like a good day (double P.E last two classes and 3 free classes) so it should be up by then! Tuesday is bad day too actually! I have double Chemistry :( Until then, goodbye! Can I get 4 votes before Chapter 19?

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachii :) xx