Chapter 27 - Concussion

‘Please Maisie, just do it for me’ Nathan pleaded as he cradled me in bed. He wanted me to get checked out at the hospital after the fall but I refused and said I was fine. I may have just left out the tiny detail that he raped me too.  He nearly died of shock when he found out that I got hurt, so I can only imagine what would happen if he found out that I was raped by him again. ‘We need to find Jamie’ I whispered emotionless. '’We will soon. Right now we need to get you to the hospital and get you checked out. The police are out there searching for her. Everyone just wants to best for both you and Jamie so let’s take you to the hospital and get you checked out. You’ll be no use if you fall and get hurt, you could be concussed. Now, you’re coming to the hospital even if I have to drag you’ he warned. ‘Fine, but I can walk there Nath’ I sighed struggling to get out from under the covers. I stumbled to my feet, feeling a little dizzy. The carpet in front of me was shaking. ‘Woah, are you okay Maisie?’ he asked rushing to my side. ‘Just a little dizzy, I’m fine’ I smiled walking on ahead but I fell. Suddenly everything went black. I could hear, but I couldn’t see. Nathan whispered my name repeated, each time his calls getting quieter and duller. He scooped me up into his arms and before I knew it, it all faded.

I opened my eyes gradually, revealing a tired looking Nathan gazing adoringly down at me. I lay in his arms, as he waited patiently in the hospital waiting room. ‘Hey’ he whispered kissing my forehead softly. ‘Hey, any news on Jamie?’ I asked groggily, adjusting myself on his lap. ‘Nothing yet, but the boys are gone out to help them so there should be news very shortly’ he whispered twirling my hair in his fingers. ‘You look beautiful when you sleep’ he murmured into my ear causing bolts of lightning to be set free in my stomach. ‘Thank you’ I blushed holding my hands directly in front of my cheeks. ‘Are you blushing?!’ he laughed. ‘No’ I giggled. ‘Yeah you are’ he corrected pulling my hands into his. ‘You know you can sit down beside me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t want to, I’m happy like this. You’re nice and warm and your heart beat is soothing. It’s helping me try and forget that my evil ex-boyfriend has just run off with my three month old daughter’ I mumbled trying to get closer to him. ‘I promise, she will be back in your arms in the next few hours. The police are searching everywhere along with the boys. They even have police waiting at home at every airport in England waiting for the next flights to arrive in from Australia. There is no way he is going to get away with this. We have contacts in every country in the world, in every continent. When we get word of his where abouts, he will be caught. Jamie is too precious to be forgotten about. This time tomorrow you’ll be laughing and asking why you were so worried’ he stated poking my nose playfully. ‘Thank you’ I mouthed a smiled creeping across my face. ‘Come here’ he whispered as he pulled me in for a warm hug.

‘You’re so cold’ he questioned rubbing my bare arms up and down to regain heat. ‘Here’, he took off his hoodie and slipped in on over my head. ‘Thank you’ I smiled pulling the neck of the jumper up around my mouth. It was considerably big for Nathan, never mind me, but I loved wearing big hoodies. There was something attractive about them, maybe it was the fact that they were extra warm! ‘Still cold?’ he asked searching for my eyes as they scanned the room. I nodded slowly my lips chattering in the freezing room. He moved me gently so my knees were on his thighs and my arms around his neck. He rubbed my back gently as I lay my head on his shoulder. ‘Warming up any bit?’ he asked after a few minutes. ‘Yeah, thanks’ I replied taking out my phone, checking for any updates. ‘Nothing’ I mumbled disheartened. ‘There will be news soon’ he reassured me picking up my check with his hand. His right hand gently caressed my cheek as we grew closer and closer. He bit his bottom lip, turning me on a little but then I remember what happened with Joey. I pulled back and stared ashamedly at the mesmerising blue carpet under foot. ‘Sorry’ he whispered softly shattering my heart to tiny pieces. He thought it was his fault I pulled away. ‘You have nothing to be sorry about, it’s just a little completed’ I replied shaking my head repeatedly. His eyes glistened with tears. The guilt was evident in his mystical green eyes. I kissed him passionately on the lips, reassuring him that all was well. ‘Maisie, you know, I’ve never met a girl so-‘ ‘Would you like to come this way Madam? The doctor is ready to check you over’ the nurse interrupted with a smile. ‘Do you want me to come with you?’ Nathan asked taking my hand as I stood up. ‘Yes please Nath, if that wouldn’t be too much bother’ I asked politely. ‘Yeah, I’ll come with you’ he smiled.

The nurse led us down the long corridor as I walked hand in hand with Nathan. ‘Hand in hand we will walk together, we can make it through the stormy weather’ he chanted softly catching the glances from various nurses, doctors and specialists talking casually about their patients. ‘The doctor is waiting for you in there’ the nurse explained opening the door exhibiting an elderly man sporting a white laboratory coat and clip board. ‘Good afternoon, you can lie down on the bed Ms. Gallagher’ the doctor coughed. The bed was extremely high which I struggled up onto so Nathan lifted me up. ‘I didn’t realise I was that small’ I rumoured as he laughed. ‘Good things come in small packages’ he joked.  ‘Okay could you please lie down there and I’ll check you over’ the doctor ordered. Nathan sat at my right holding my hand firmly.

He ran a few tests, making sure I was no longer concussed and bandaged up my hand. ‘Is that the extent if your injuries?’ he asked. ‘Um’ I mumbled fumbling with Nath’s hoodie which I was still wearing. ‘He raped me’ I mumbled under my breath but loud enough for both Nathan and the doctor to hear. ‘No’ Nathan whispered shaking his head. ‘Please tell me he didn’t?’ he asked. I nodded my head as the tears streamed down my face. ‘This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have left you alone. I should have come back to the hotel with you that way I could have protected you. I’m so sorry Mais, this is all my fault’ he cried. ‘Nathan, no this is not your fault. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have gotten involved with Joey in the first place. Please don’t blame yourself Nathan, it wouldn’t be right’ I whispered wiping his tears. His leg shook vigorously showing his nerves. ‘I’ll protect both you and Jamie from now on, I promise’ he whispered tightening his grip on my hand.  ‘Dr. Smith there’s a police officer here to see Ms. Gallagher’ the same nurse interrupted. ‘Bring him in’ he signalled. This tall, well - built police man appeared in the doorway. ‘We’ve got some news on your daughter Ms. Gallagher and it’s not good I’m afraid.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I won't be updating as often next week, but I'll update a schedule sometime in the next few days and you can see what I will be updating when! Anyways, same as last night 2 comments and 4 votes for the next chapter!

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :D xx