b. hallway

The Golden Trio walked out of the Great Hall after breakfast in sync, chattering in hushed voices but enough for the three of them to hear each other.

It was a Sunday morning, which allows students to go to Hogsmeade since there was no class available for the day, and of course, Ron and Hermione was planning to go to a date which left Harry alone. He knew that he always goes together with his two friends but, really? Interrupting your lovesick friends on a date just to not be alone wasn't cool at all.

Harry cracked a crude joke to the ginger man which results in him guffawing loudly and bending on his knees in the middle of the corridor, receiving odd stares from bypassing Ravenclaws and a hushing Hermione.

Hermione stopped dead in her tracks, face twitching in confusion and tilting her head in curiosity as she approaches the corridor by a few steps further. Ron and Harry immediately stopped laughing and Ron placed a hand in the bushy girl's shoulder, "What's wrong?"

Mione scrunched her nose in wonder and her body grew rigid, "I sense...strong magic approaching us."

After since the war, an unofficial 8th year was formed to help the former 7th year students focus on the year that they had passed seeing that the war was happening and didn't get the chance to get the proper education they needed to pass Hogwarts. Since the war, Hermione's magic just grew stronger and stronger, she became more powerful in spell casting and charms, the war did change everyone.

Ron's face paled inconsiderably at the statement the girl had made, "I-is it dark magic?"

"No, it's not. Dark magic somehow, scents of metal, like blood. But this one feels heavy." Hermione shook her head.

As they were waiting for their so called opponent to approach them on the empty corridor, wands in their hands, approached Malfoy with his eyes sewn on the letters of a book in front of him that was currently laid and opened wide in his pale hands, skimming intently from the book with a green cover.

Harry's palm strengthened on his wand, Malfoy could be planning any Death Eater plans right now, although he didn't want to be one and Harry spoke with justice in his and his mother's trial about how he was forced to do so to protect his family—but you may never know.

"Malfoy?" Hermione questioned, reluctantly returning her wand back in her pocket. "What are you doing here?"

The platinum haired man stared up with timid eyes, eyes wide and eyeing the wand that Harry held and his breath caught in his throat. He had not gathered the courage to face the Trio after the war, his sense of cowardice and unreliability towards everyone in midst of the clouding and brutal war then was still vivid in his mind. He had been blamed so much for people's loss in the war and had willingly gave himself to the gnawing guilt in his chest and the passing insults.

Day by day he spent in Hogwarts because he was in probation from the Ministry, he was isolated by the many hundreds students occupying the vast school. Hexes and jinxes sometimes thrown his way and there was no one to defend him by his side, even the Slytherins turned his back on him. A little number of Slytherins returned for 8th year, and he was thankful of it because they earned their own bedrooms now because of it. He didn't think he could handle sleeping in the same room with anyone.

If he could leave Hogwarts and not ever came back, he would. Be damned people who call him a coward for leaving the ruins his family alliance had left just like that, he needed to get out. But because of this indiscreet little probation the Ministry had dropped to him, he had no other choice but to stay in Hogwarts as a former Death Eater social pariah.

Draco was afraid of confrontation, he was afraid to face Potter even though he had spoken for him and his mother in the trial for their justice and not bust them in Azkaban. The last words he had uttered to the saviour was a quick and bashed 'thank you' before hugging his mother who was crying in joy. Since then, he had not had the courage to speak more to Harry, fearing that even though he had saved Draco in the trial, that their status would still remain enemies even though that wasn't what Draco wanted. He had wanted to be friends but he could never accept too much and be selfish after what everything has happened in the war.

"Granger," Draco stammered and inclined his head silently to the two men that was standing with their wands held on point towards him. Hermione noticed his action of discomfiture and quickly scolded the two boys besides her to withdraw their wands, albeit Weasley was hesitant to do so. "I was just taking a stroll."

"A stroll." Ron repeated, snorting unabashedly, earning a smack in the shoulder from Hermione.

Draco noticed that Harry had withdrew his wand too, curiosity glazing his eyes as he pierced the green orbs through Draco behind his new thin and round spectacles he had acquired after the war, since his old pair had received a quite severe damage and he was in need in new prescribed ones.

Granger silently neared Draco, smiling slightly, "May I ask you a question?"

Draco tensed, he was afraid that he got caught for something he didn't do, or at least something he did but he didn't acknowledged it. Albeit he still nodded tersely for her to continue.

"Are you using a glamour or some sort? I can sense it." She asked cautiously, at the statement Harry grew shocked.

He could be bloody Voldemort all this time and he had killed the wrong one! Thoughts of possibilities of who he might actually be came in a tidal wave in his head, Lucius Malfoy? He's dead. Bellatrix? Molly killed her. DOBB-

He was interrupted from his train of thoughts after seeing Malfoy with his eyes wide as saucers and he had visibly tensed, hugging the book he was reading just then and his face shown a complete sign of nervousness and discomfort.

"I-uh, leave me alone, Granger." He hurriedly muttered in a clipped tone, molten silver eyes staring at the rock pavement beneath him and slowly stepping backwards from the trio.

Until Harry saw something he couldn't believe.

Slight tips of Malfoy's hair turned orange.

What.

"Uh, Malfoy? Why are the tips of your hair orange?" Harry asked cautiously although shocked whilst his eyes was still glued to his hair, at what Harry said, Hermione and Ron immediately stared up to his hair.

But they didn't get the chance to see it since Malfoy already left and disappeared.

The Trio was left stunned in the middle of the corridor, staring at the nothingness in front of them that was formerly occupied by the platinum haired boy just seconds ago.

"What the blimey fuck is happening." Ron whispered.