h. postcards

ABOVE is the improved colour chart. refer if you will.

+

"Can you tell a story about me mum?" Teddy asked him, hands settled on a tight grip on his Hungarian Horntail plushy.

They were at Teddy's playroom, with a motley of toys and plushies alike strewn across the carpeted floor. The tot had yanked Draco upstairs right after lunch without further delay, and Draco had looked at Harry apprehensively as to scour for help. But Harry merely nodded and offered him a crooked smile.

Teddy openly gawked his way, bright eyed, and pining him down. Draco wrung his hands in anxiety, what if he had said the wrong thing about Dora? It wasn't like his father had the most admirable affinity with his mother's side of family.

Mouth parched, he started, "To be honest, I didn't know much about her."

Teddy's mouth quirked down in a frown, hands loosening on his plushy, as he mumbled out a small, "Oh."

"But what I did know is that she had the same ability as ours, and that she was brilliant at it," Draco hastily added with a reassuring smile.

Teddy perked up, hair turning a dim shade of pink, "I know that! Gramma did say she was brill at it!"

He cogitated over on what to say, he didn't want to say the wrong thing, and give the child a seemingly bad impression of his own mother. Draco didn't know much about his cousin, but he was sure he knew enough to suffice, what from the information he had gathered from little talks with his own mother, or when Harry brought her into conversations.

"She was an Auror, I believe, and she used her special powers to do her job."

"Hawwy wants to be Auror, too!"

Was he really surprised that Harry wanted to be an Auror? The occupation's practically vouchsafed his way like another prophecy following Voldemort's. It was a thing after the other, the Wizarding World continuously expects Harry to be their hero. Wasn't he tired with saving people without end?

Again, was he really surprised? This was Potter they were about, the very same selflessly reckless Gryffindor with the unending hero-complex wired throughout his brain.

"Oh really? He'll do an excellent job, then."

"Dahco don't want to be Auror?" Teddy questioned. "Dahco would be like Mum!"

Draco found himself hesitating; he had never actually considered Auror as a career option. He was ambitious, to say the least, but after the war, he couldn't help but feel that harrying sense of dejection that he had no optimism left for the future. It was absurd to even dream about him getting a decent job at all, his name tainted and all after war. So he stopped himself from dreaming, out of fear that he might be drowning in delusion and that he would just be wasting his time wishing for things that may not knock on his doorstep, he had to face what reality would give him. With no one trusting him these days, he doubted anyone would every considered him the slightest competent for any job.

Draco before wanted to be many things and had many aspirations for the future, he still clung onto those ambitions tightly to heart, but he just didn't know how to live up to his desires to be someone.

How could he? He was barely anyone now.

He started to resign to the fact that he had not much value to his name and self anymore after his wretched decision of obtaining the Dark Mark, he felt defected after the event. It was as if a part of his soul had been sold into the hands of Voldemort, and even with Dark Lord gone now, he still felt that harrowing sense of vacancy within him.