f. reality

As morning eventually blanketed Hogwarts and dusk had gone to sleep, the two had long separated to their own tables, returning to their own surroundings. Back to normalcy, where it had never crossed the people's minds that the former enemies would even spare a minute to converse.

Hermione's chatters droned on and on, and Ron himself looked like he was about to sleep right on top of his cereal bowl. Harry shared the same sentiment, he was incredibly exhausted out of his wits.

His eyes travelled far to the Slytherin table, where Draco was sitting next to Pansy Parkinson. She was chatting animatedly, with hypnotizing hand gestures that would surely bring livelihood to a conversation; but Draco had been unbothered, seemingly as tired as Harry was.

Draco Malfoy was pushing around his plate of peas with a fork, Pansy's chatters had became background music to his ears. He really needed a slap of energy, maybe he could go on to Pomfrey later on for a vial of energy potion.

Feeling someone eyeing him, he looked up to see Harry Potter's eminent eyes along his way. His gaze held such a sense of paramountcy that it pinned Draco down by a mere tease of an eye. Harry himself looked tired as well, and a frown flew up the blond's face as he realized that he had been the one that caused Harry's fatigue.

This has to end, he couldn't bring someone else to deal with his own problems, he didn't want to be selfish. He knew that he needed to do this alone by himself, he cannot bear to know that he had depleted other's energies just for the sake of saving himself.

A smile laid on Harry's face, dimples showing. Draco held a confused expression until he realized that the smile was directed to him, a shy smile graced Draco's face as his face turned steaming red.

"Draco, darling, are you feeling alright?"

He was snapped out of his staring contest with Harry, turning to his left to meet his friend's gaze instead. She had adapted a worried look on her face, her plump lips marred down into a frown.

She continued, "I don't think you've been listening to what I was talking about earlier."

"Yes, I did listen." He lied.

"No you didn't, I can see through you," Draco hated it when he's transparent like that. "Your mind's been somewhere else since this morning, and you look quite red. I would think that you have a fever, seriously Draco; are you okay? Should I bring you over to Pomfrey? Because-"

His headache doubled up by Pansy's incessant worrying, "Pans, I'm alright. Seriously. You needn't worry."

As Pansy's not convinced by his statement, she still continued to ramble about how worried she was and how she noticed he's been distant lately.
Harry, on the other table, was trying so hard not to fall asleep surrounded by Hermione's rants about the effects of Dragon blood. It bore him through his skull.

Draco raised his eyes again discreetly, meeting Harry's orbs. The raven leered on to him from the distance and signaled his head towards the Great Hall entrance. Draco nodded at the request.

"Harry."

"Harry!"

Once he processed that it was Hermione calling for him, he tore his eyes away from Draco to an irked looking 'Mione.

"What is wrong with you? Did you get sleep last night? You— no, you and Ron are looking like bloody inferis–"

"Actually, Hermione, I happened to left something up in the dorms. I'll see you guys later in class." He stood up abruptly, deaf to his two friends complaints, and gesticulated for Draco to exit too.