Chapter One

It was a sunny day in London England. I sat at my desk just finishing the last page of my report when my co worker and best friend Mickie walked over to me with a dull look on her face. "Boss wants to see you again." She rolls her eyes and walks away whispering good luck before leaving. I walked over to my boss's office and knocked on the door. "Come in miss (last name)" he said I walked in and looked at him trying to form a smile on my face. He frowned "no need to smile you wont like this at all (your name)" I looked at him confused and he gestured to sit so i did. "I've been wanting to free up space for a while and there are a couple of people I have been wanting to get rid of. You are one of those people" he sighed.

My jaw almost hit the floor "what??!" I asked hoping i miss heard him, he shook his head as if he was annoyed with me. "You are fired (y/n) get out of my office" he said in a bored tone. Tears sprang from my eyes as i got up and went to collect my things. I left the office and looked at my co worker Mickie "you okay (y/n)?" She asked I let out a small sob "he fired me Mickie" i said in a quiet voice trying to hold back my sadness. She looked at me and hugged me i could feel her start to cry as well. "Well then im quitting because you are my best friend!" She sobbed with me. "No Mick dont quit this job has good pay" i say i walking to my desk and collecting my stuff.

Mickie watched me sadly "its gonna be really quiet with you not around" i frown and look at her trying to make her smile a little "well you have Larry" Mickie snorts. Larry was the weird gay guy no one liked how would i say this? He is way too gay no one could stand him. He was also incredibly annoying. "Larry is gonna be tots so happy to have me as his very best friend" Mickie said in a mocking tone. I laughed slightly and grabbed my jacket "well girl i hope you find a job just like this one. and text me when you do cuz we are so gonna go out and party." She smiles giving me one last hug before i left that building forever.  I walked down the streets holding back my tears as i ran to my apartment and slammed the door crying into my hands. I couldnt believe Henry had just fired me for the most dumbest reason ever! Free up space? Really? Who the hell does that?

I got up and changed into my lazy clothes with included a pale tank top and sweatpants and grabbed a tub of Ben and Jerrys ice cream from my freezer. I sat down on my couch and turned on the tv heading over to Netflix and turning on (fav tv show) "time for a marathon" i mumble shoving ice cream into my mouth. About two hours later i decided to look for a job and grabbed the newspaper off my doorstep "jobs jobs oh! A maid? Well i guess that will work" i say out loud looking for the number and calling it. It took maybe seven rings before someone finally picked up. "Hello?" A gruff voice answered sounding very annoyed. "Uh hi? I saw your ad in the newspaper said you wanted a maid?" I answered in a very clear neutral tone. The person cleared his throat and spoke in a very annoyed but somewhat happy tone.

"Yeah love how bout ya come over right now? We can talk a bit then. " i smiled widely knowing he couldnt see me and danced around my kitchen. "address is 212 Wobble Street. Think ya can make it?" The man grumbles into the phone. "Yes i can" i say as he hangs up. I quickly ran to my room and started to dig through my closet pulling out a gray hoodie with a rhinestone heart on the front and black jeans. I threw them on and ran out the door hopping into my car and driving to their street. I looked around "oh god. its one of these streets" i mumble looking at the shitty houses crushed together. I found the house and parkes on the road and looked up. There was a giant man sitting on top of the house staring at the clouds, he didnt seem to notice me so i felt safe. "What the fuck did i get myself into?" I mumble going to the door and ringing the bell.

About 5 minutes passed when the door wad finally opened and a man with bright blue hair stood infront of me. "who are yew?" He asked with a thick cockney accent. "I'm here for a job interview as the maid?" i say looking at the boys eyes confused as hell. "Oh! Well come in den!" He said stepping aside and letting me in closing the door behind me. "Aye mudz dat girl is 'ere!" The boy yelled before walking away leaving me to observe the kitchen. It was a mess! Garbage bags covered the floor followed by trash that never made it into the bags. Dishes were stacked in the sink the table was a mess and it smelled disgusting, probably because there was rotting food everywhere. No wonder why they needed a maid. I heard footsteps from above me and watched as a man with green skin walked into the room shirtless.

"You the kid that wanted that job?" He asked in a gruff voice, i nod trying to smile and avoid the height difference. It was pretty weird i had to look down at him a little bit guess thats the disadvantages to being 6'2 this guy was probably 5'8. He smiled slightly "well how bout ya start today with the kitchen? Cleaning supplies are under the sink. I'll pay ya when i get the money." He mumbles before walking back up the stairs. "So i dont even get a name?" I ask alittle annoyed. He turned around and sighed "yeah its murdoc now get cleaning!" He grumbles leaving me with the giant mess.