five.

"kenma,"

"yes?"

"i have something i need to tell you,"

"what is it?"

how was he going to say it? this was not going to turn out pretty. this is big, he wasn't even sure how he got himself into this mess.

"i-i'm not-"

"KENMAAAA!!" a higher voice said.

"hmm? nishinoya-san?"

"KENMAA! IT'S LATE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??"

"nishinoya-san, you're so loud."

"ooh! sorry kenma!"

"nishinoya-san, this is kuroo, the guy i was telling you about."

nishinoya looked over, "uhh kenma? there's no one there?"

-

kenma entered his apartment and took off his shoes. he made his way to the couch and sat down, pulling out his phone, he checked his notifications.

_____

TWO NEW MESSAGES FROM <@>KUROO1 !

> kuroo1: hey sorry for running off like that

>kuroo1: my mom texted me saying that i had to get home ;-)

_____

kenma gave a sigh of relief. he was glad that he wasn't going crazy. seriously, two people in one day told him that he was talking to no one.

_____

>kokokenma: that's fine i guess.

>kokokenma: hey

>kokokenma: can i ask you something?

>kuroo1: of fucking course

>kokokenma: what were you going to tell me earlier?

>kuroo1: hmmm

>kuroo1: how bout i tell you tomorrow? trust me, it'll be better that way ;-)

>kokokenma: fine, but never put noses on winky faces,

>kokokenma: it's weird lmao

_____

kenma smiled. he genuinely likes talking to kuroo, even though he gets weird vibes from him.

but weird vibes were nothing to be ashamed of.

kenma turned on his tv and played tokyo ghoul. he loved that anime series, he got up to grab a juice box and saw something terrible.

there he was,

kuroo,

laying motionless on kenma's cold kitchen floor.

.

..

...

kenma let out a scream and kuroo jerked his head up.

"KUROO WHAT THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU DOING? HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY HOUSE I THOUGHT I LOCKED IT? YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE AT YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE"

"calm down kenma," kuroo said calmly.

"how tHE HECK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CALM IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS???"

"i know that you're mad. but-"

"HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN?"

"let me explain-"

"I SWEAR I LOCKED IT!"

"keNMA-"

"WHAT"

"please, let me explain. this has something to do with the thing that i was going to tell you earlier." kuroo said.

kenma finally shut up.

kuroo took a deep breath. "i am not actually real. i am a figure of your imagination. you see, i knew you in a past life, i was your husband in a past life. you loved me in a past life. i loved you- no, i still love you. you died in an accident. when you left, i went crazy. i started messing around with the human mind and found out how to do this. no one else can see me because i am now a part of your head, i'm like a ghost. i don't know why i can and can't do certain things, or why i vomit when i talk to much, or why i can't eat. it's just... complicated."

the bed head looked back up at kenma, who was now backing away slowly.

-

oh no only a couple more chapters left ahhh

i still don't know where i'm going with this send help

-sophiee

word count - 548 words.