Prologue

Days melted into weeks and weeks into months, months into years and soon centuries of peace were passing by. Luriel had stayed in Rivendell for almost two full centuries, allowing Thalia, her daughter to grow with others like her. Thalia and Arwen became fast friends, the twins as well. Luriel spent that time with Elrond deciphering the remaining enchanted runes on the collar. They had discovered it to be an ancient dwarvish language of the kingdom that held trade ties with Eregion before bother kingdoms fell. Elrond spent many years studying the language. Luriel, in no hurry to remove the collar, surprised Elrond when she told him she would be returning to her homeland. She gave Thalia the choice to come or stay, as she was now old enough to decide for herself. Thalia choose to stay but would visit her mother frequently. Luriel respected her daughter's decision, and disappeared into her mountainous home. The peace stretched on into almost 3000 years. In the cities of men, Luriel faded into legend. The legend of a beautiful sorceress, few dared to enter her home, but those who did were blessed with her wisdom, and even imbued with some of her power. She did not do so lightly, it was earned by those with a pure heart.

She was content to spend the rest of her days in the solitude of her mountains. She ventured out only when those she cared for asked her to
She also joined the white council, though she had not a ring if power of her own, her own power was enough to give her opinions weight. She had grown to dislike Saruman, he did not hide his dislike of her being there, but she tolerated it.

Whenever Elrond approached her concerning the collar she would avoid the topic all together and quickly retreat home. She spent much of her time tending to her garden which surpassed all others. Little did she know her already fragile world was about to be turned upside down.

The Sorceress and the Hobbit- Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें