4. I Just Do

It had been a week since his conversation with Harry. It had been seven days since he had last seen Louis. While Harry had been nagging him to talk to Louis and even told Liam about him on their first meeting on Sunday, Louis hadn't even come to school. Justin was afraid of the worst, but he had some patience left in him.

It was now Friday and he hoped Louis would come, at least today. They had double training with Harry for the game next week and Louis had to be there. Otherwise, he would lose the game without enough practice. Especially because Yolanda gave birth to Joaquin Alexander, as they decided to call him, and Harry would take the next week off.

Harry told him to make the principal call his parents, but since Justin knew what was going on in his house, he wouldn't let him. Even if he was worried sick about the blue eyed boy.

He missed him. He missed him so much that he had been drawing for hours and hours all week. He had been drawing his face, his eyes, even him playing football. It sounded creepy, but Justin had found his new inspiration. Olivia had still the best parts of his heart and mind, but he had to finally admit that...

He had fallen for the boy.

As a twenty six year old man, he knew what he wanted. He wasn't a kid and not admitting it to himself was just childish. He was a grown up man and even though he had fallen for a young boy that would probably not give a damn about him, he still let himself open up to his feelings for Louis. He let himself put his hopes up by Harry's ideas of winning him over.

"What are we going to do if he doesn't come?" Finn, a player of the team asked when they were all at the field to start practicing.

Harry decides to reply to that, "We'll either have to change formation or let Niall play as a center forward instead of an attacking midfielder."

"I vote on Niall. I believe in him. He can do as well as his main position." Justin said, raising his hand.

"Me too. I think he'll manage." Zayn smiled and placed an arm around his boyfriend who looked happy, but nervous. And as the whole team had agreed, it was Niallxs turn to speak up.

"I honestly don't know if I can do it, Coach. Louis is the best in this position and with this formation you need the best centre forward." Niall pointed out. "I can try if you want today, but I'm just saying, it's better if we change tactic."

And then, as if Justin was dreaming, he heard the voice he had missed so much, say from behind them, "You won't need to. Ni, you'll play in your position, don't worry."

They all turned to look at Louis, who honestly looked like a mess trying to be happy. He had bags under his eyes, he looked kind of thinner and his hair was literally flying everywhere. That had Justin worry even more, but he tried not to show it, even when Harry looked at him smirking while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Harry take over for a bit. I'll have to speak with Louis." Justin said, ignoring Harry's smug expression and didn't even look at Louis as he motioned for him to follow him into the changing rooms. Louis just sat on a bench, fiddling with his fingers and slightly squirming on his seat while Justin stayed standing.

"Where the heck have you been?" Louis jumped at his coach's voice.

"Home." Was all the younger lad said.

"What happened, Louis?" Justin asked as he kneeled in front of Louis and placed his hands on Louis' knees.

"My dad threatened my mum that if I stayed with them he would divorce her, so it was a kind of me or him situation and my mum threw him out of the house. But we've all been broken. My baby sister is only four and she misses her dad. And I do too and-" Louis stopped before he started sobbing like a baby. He only let a few tears fall.