Fierce

Two years later..

" You don't have to move dearest." George handed her another small stack of books from the top shelf that she couldn't reach. " Mum is more heartbroken over our break up then we are. She doesn't want you to feel like you're being run out of your home." 

" I know George, but Wes starts Hogwarts this year so I'm going to be teaching full time now and your expanding your shop." She put the books in a trunk and went to grab the next stack.  He climbed down the ladder and handed her the last stack of books. When she turned to put them into the trunk he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"I'm going to miss this" He hummed as she continued to study the books he handed to her. She nodded in agreement and leaned against his shoulder, enjoying the moment with her friend.

"Why couldn't I fall in love with you? She asked as she looked up and kissed him softly.

" Who says we're not in love?" He said as he grabbed another stack of books and handed them to her giving her a playful kiss on her nose.

"Can you finish the books I need to get Wesen's things from downstairs." He nodded and watched her go downstairs with a small look of sadness.

"I just don't understand deary, you both seem so happy together. " Mrs. Weasley asked as she followed Hermione around the downstairs as she picked up Wes's toys and books that he left laying around. " We already think of you as family. I thought we would be planning a wedding soon or you two would have another baby."

"Molly, you are my family and I hope that never changes. George and I are just in different places in our lives. I'm about to be teaching full time and he's expanding the store to a few more branches. We still care for each other and we plan on staying friends. " She kissed Molly cheek and put all Wes things in of the boxes downstairs.

" Are you crying again, mum?" He asked as he came downstairs.

" You two are being so cavalier about this." She exclaim sniffling into a handkerchief and disappearing into the kitchen.

"She's right you know, normally a couple of eight years breaking up there's a lot more shouting and things being thrown." Hermione said as she walked into his arms.

" I can can throw you into my bed would that count." He nipped her ear  and she playfully smacked his chest.

"That's why we're breaking up, it's to easy to stay like this. I do love you but not the way you deserve. " she looked down at her hand rubbing the antique ring. " You deserve someone who can give you their whole heart." He rubbed her back. " One who doesn't dart off like a scared rabbit anytime you try initiate anything resembling intimacy."

"But you make a cute rabbit." He teased earning him another playful smack." You're right, I know. It's easy to pretend with you. I love you.You and Alex will always have a place in my heart. But it is time I move on with my life just like you need too." He kissed the top of her head then he helped her finish packing. 

Her young son came flying though the door, leaving Harry and his kids in his wake.  "Did it come yet?" He spun around his mum and zoomed into the kitchen.

" Hogwarts letter, Teddy just got his list for third year." Harry explained as he hugged Hermione.

"Ah, that explains it. Now give me that baby."  She took Lily out of his arms and disappeared into the sitting room.

" So you still breaking up?" Harry asked George as the kids joined their grandmother.

"Yeah." He shoved his hand in his pocket. "I think we could stay together forever and be content."