Exclamation

Author note: J.K Rowling owns all copyrighted characters.

K Rowling owns all copyrighted characters

She sent the owl off. Her son and her returned to old school without receiving response.She knew it was stupid to try to reach out. Their time passed long ago. However it was time she told him the truth about Wesen. Her son deserved to know the truth about himself. Towards the end of February a scraggly owl that looked exhausted dropped a fairly damaged envelope on her table.  She noticed the green seal and opened it when she had privacy.

January 26th

Miss Granger

    Assuming you know why I am not at the school you understand the delay in my post. I agree we have much to discuss. However as our past has shown it will be awhile before that happens.Gryffindor courage indeed.

D. Malfoy

She was confused by his response. It was curt and mocking.They were a little old to be fighting about the houses they were in as children. It was a silly idea that they could be friends. He was still the arrogant snake he has always been. She'll tell Wesen who he is when he becomes an adult. Then he can decide if he wants to know his father.  She was to old and tired to keep dealing with this drama. A little guilt washed over her as the poor owl flew off without a response. Maybe she was being childish.

"You seem upset." The newest quidditch coach said as they passed each other in the Hall. She gave him a half smile.

" Just tired Viktor. How are you?"  She asked pausing to talk to him.

" These first years are going to send me to early grave." He said with a laugh. "Except your son, he's already very good. Better then some of my thrid years." She liked hearing people talk about her son in a positive manner.

"He's been on a broom since he was three. He loves it." She explained as they walked to the great hall together. At the teachers table was another harried looking owl with another envelope with the green seal.

March 5th

Granger,

You're not going to run away this time. We will talk when I return. You looked beautiful that night.

Malfoy

She traced the letters with her fingers, after all these years he can make her so angry yet so happy at the same time.She hated how he still had that power over her.

"Must be good news to cause such a smile on a beautiful girl." Her shameless friend flirted.

"Viktor stop." She blushed and punched his shoulder softly.

"Never" He chuckled as he walked to the quidditch pitch. "Much to fun to make you blush. " She shook her head at him as she smiled. Before her next class she went against what she said she'd do and wrote him back.

April 30th

Malfoy,

You looked quite handsome yourself. Summon some of that Slytherin resourcefulness to stay safe. You do that and I'll summon some Gryffindor courage for our talk.

Take care,
Granger

This time she felt less guilty about this letter but she was concerned how much time passed between their letters. She asked Harry about it when he and George came to visit. He told her that there had been a few more murders and every time they get close she disappears again. George's news was better. He and Angelina were getting married. She assured him that she was happy for them and asked if she could be the best man as a joke. Being the joke king he agreed. 

"Mum." Her son came into her classroom as she was grading some test.

"Yes Wesen." He closed the door and went to her desk. He dropped his guard and shifted his hair to its natural color. She ruffled his slightly wavy hair and sighed." What is it love?" 

"Is uncle George going to forget about me?" He was playing with the ring he was given.

"Why would you think that my darling boy." She pulled her glasses off and held his face so he'd look at her.

" He's getting married and going to have a real family now. He won't need his fake son anymore." He whispered the last part and his face turned crimson with shame. She held in a sob as she pulled him into her arms.

"Wesen honey, why would you say that?" She rocked him as he started softly crying.

" That's what some of the other Ravenclaws call me. That I'm just the fake son because my real father is to ashamed of me." His small voice cracked with sobs.

"No baby, that's not true.He just doesn't know and that's because your Mumzy is an idiot. But I promise he would be so proud of you. I'm going to talk to Minerva okay, would you like to stay with me in the teacher dorms. It'll be just like at home just the two of us." He nodded and dried his eyes a little. His hair shifted back to his red.

"Don't you ever wish it was more then the two of us Mum?" He asked as he cleaned his face. She just shrugged. He looked sad and shrugged as he left.

" I love you Wes." She whispered as she put her glasses back on.

"As deep as the ocean ?" He said with a the smirk she swear he inherited from his father.

" As deep as the ocean." She answered with a small chuckle. After she finished her tests she went to the Headmistress office. She murmured the confectionary password to the old statue to reveal its stairs. 

"Did I forget a meeting Hermione?" The older woman asked slightly startled when she came into the room.

"No Minerva, I just finished talking to Wesen. It seems like some of his housemates are bullying him. I was wondering if it was possible to move him into my flat in the teachers dorm. "

"Hermione, we cant give special treatment to him." She began but Hermione interrupted her.

"I'm not asking for him to skip his O.W.L.S or be resorted. I don't ask for much and you will do this or we will transfer to another school. Don't test me when it comes to my son Minerva." She was seething.

" Hermione calm down." She motion for her to sit and the angry witch obeyed begrudgingly.

" As I was going to say, we can't give him special treatment in class but I don't see any harm in him staying with you. There is a couple two room flats in the upper floors of the teachers tower. They haven't been used since my children were here.  How about you two move into there. There's a kitchenette a couple bathrooms and a small sitting room. " 

Hermione started crying a little.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I overreacted." Hermione whispered as the older woman offered her a biscuit.

"It's okay, it's okay to be protective of your child. Now will Mr.Malfoy be joining you two when he returns?" Minerva asked as she put the tin down.

"Um why would you say that?" She almost spit out the biscuit in shock.

"Hermione I have taught enough Black and Malfoy boys in my time to recognize one when I see one.Metamorphmagus I'm guessing. Unless you have been tinting his hair his whole life." She had a cat that ate the canary grin. 

"Draco doesn't know so no,no he won't be joining us." Hermione said in a shamed filled voice.

"Oh." Was all the kind professor said. Feeling slightly embarrassed Hermione thanked her again and left the office to pick up her son. To bring him to their new home.