Circus

May 13th 

Dearest Hermione,

If you promise to actually talk to me I'll be the safest Auror that ever existed. Spending all that time "teaching" at Hogwarts made me realize how tired of fighting I am.

With so much care,
Draco

Letting the dark green wax cool a little he pressed his ring creating a seal. This hotel was nicer then some of the hovels he has been as his bounced around the country. Just when he was about to make some progress with the woman who stole his heart, the woman who stole his name loses it. Astoria had never seemed crazy, selfish perhaps but not this. A loud knock broke him out of his thoughts and open the door. Finnigan was there with a cup of coffee and the latest papers from the ministry.They poured over the newest information.

" She left a note with last nights victim.She blames the ministry for her misery, for taking her lover from her. Claims to keep taking revenge by killing the reason he was taken over and over again. Oh and names you directly for her misery. " The Irish man  said as he handed him copy of the letter.

"Astoria has always had a flair for the dramatic. " Sipping his coffee and finding his glasses.

"What does she mean her lover was taken? I thought all the death eaters your guys age were paroled or pardon." The leprechaun often speaks without thinking. Draco gave him a small glare.

" They were."He hissed while looking though the new papers.

"So what is she bent out shape about and why would she blame you." Draco continued to drink his coffee.

" She blames me because I was the one that sent her lover away. My first unofficial case actually." He explained wondering how much Seamus knew.

"I thought your first case was bringing your da in." He just raised his eyebrows at the dark hair man. The realization hit him." Oh.... oh." A nauseous look took over for a minute. " Okay so why is she targeting brunette women?"

"Understanding Astoria has always been a mystery to me." He handed him the letter he wrote to send to the owlery. They moved hotels that night again as there was another sighting in the highlands. Three hotels later and half a dozen false leads he was pacing in his room. Another knock at his door and a envelope was slide under the door. A red wax seal with a small gryffin on it. With a big smile he picked it up the violet smell very faint. Using the small knife he always had on him he broke the seal to read the words she gave him. After all these year she finally was talking to him again.

June first

Dear Draco,

Maybe you should considering retiring and really teach. Teddy says all the students love you and prefer you to  Trelawney. Sometimes it feels like we've been fighting since we were children. There's always going to be something isn't there. Dark lords, prejudices, psychotic exes and a complete lack of courage.Maybe that's the big secret that life is just a long battle that always changes and never ends.

Warm regards,
Hermione

Her words brought a small smile to his face, he could hear the exhaustion in her letter. Taking out a quill and some fresh parchment he began his letter to her. Writing to her was so easy, he should of tried writing her years ago. Of course she did disappear from the wizarding community for a few years and then he was with Astoria.