64

Surprise!! Double update coming right to you guys this weekend. I felt so bad about not updating for over a week so this weekend I wrote like a madwoman hahaha. I hope you'll all like this chapter babes. All the love to you. xx

Song for the chapter: Sweet and Low by Augustana

~~~

"Hold me down and I'll carry you, all the way,

and you say you're fine,but you're still young,and out of line.When all I need's to turn around,to make it last to make it count."

I sit at a lonely table in the coffeeshop off campus, just waiting for Thomas to show up. Part of me wanted to believe that the therapist was right about seeing him, but right now my nerves were proving otherwise. After watching that movie yesterday with Clair and Kristina, I decided to take the leap and send him a message. I wanted to get in contact with him without directly hearing his voice.

I take a sip of my tea, the warmth spreading through my body as I drink it. It aided in calming my nerves a bit, but my heart was still beating erratically out of my chest. Seeing Thomas could be a totally catastrophic idea, but it could also help clear up a few things.

The book contained mostly stories about mom, how their love fell while they were still falling for each other. It didn't clear my mind and it didn't help me understand why he left. I still felt like life was a jigsaw puzzle, and his explanation would be a missing piece I needed to uncover.

People stop and stare at me, their eyes locking with mine in hopes that I'll give them the table out of sheer uncomfortableness. I just shake the thought away and look out the window instead, not bothering with their wicked stares and harsh whispers.

I check the time, hoping that Thomas would be here soon. He's already ten minutes late, which is something I should've expected. The man left ten years ago and now I was expecting him to be on time. I shake my head in disappointment, and I remind myself that next time I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Once I take the last sip of my tea, I throw the cup into the garbage and get up. I gesture to the table, the snotty group of girls taking it with scowls on their faces. "It's about time loner," one girl says as she walks by me. The old me would've allowed it to get to me, but the new me wanted to fight back.

"If being lonely means that don't have to end up like any of you, then I'd rather be alone." The girls stare me down as I walk out of the shop, my bag under my arm, my hopes of seeing Thomas in the garbage can.

I make my way out of the coffeeshop, my eyes looking down at the ground as I walked out. Of course since I wasn't looking I just so happened to have bumped into someone, a body that I recognized.

"I'm sorry..." I say as I look up into his green eyes. "Harry?" I stare up at him in disbelief, my mind not grasping as to why he'd be at a coffee shop like this one. He doesn't say anything at first, but after a few moments of realization he smiles down at me.

"Hey," his hands were buried deep within his pockets, his voice soft as he talked to me. "Do you want to maybe sit with me?" He asks, his voice shaky and unsure. I smile and nod, allowing myself to talk to at least someone today.

Harry and I grab a table by the rude girls, their eyes looking up and down his body as he sat across from me. I could feel their eyes on me as I sat and looked at Harry, his eyes staring deep into mine. I could tell he was feeling nervous, but hell so was I.

"What were you doing here today?" Harry starts the conversation, the silence breaking around us. I hate to admit that I've thought about him and how's he been since that morning I walked out. Our dysfunctionality is tearing both of us apart slowly.