Chapter 2// The Damsel in Distress

There are some things I just don't understand about this situation. One of those many things is why I hadn't gone back to how I used to do things and just killed Kristina when I had the chance. Another thing is why I trusted her so quickly. I should be on my guard, and instead, I suddenly became a team with her. And last, why am I letting her cut my hair?
"Now you look so much better than before!" Kristina said in a cheerful tone. I looked at the mirror on the opposite wall and regretted letting her do anything. I seemed too ordinary and perfect now, I wish I could go back to my old assassin self. You have to find out about your past, no turning back. I hate when my mind is right.
"Great, now can we go and get a move on?" I asked. Kristina shook her head. Out of nowhere, she started to wipe my face. I grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing?"
"You look like you were born, lived, and died in a dumpster. If we're going to get anywhere with this, at least look presentable," she said, struggling to get her wrist out of my grip. I let go of her wrist and snatched the towel from her hands.
"I'll make myself look presentable," I snapped as she put her hands up in a surrendering position.
"OK, OK soldier. Gees, I'll just walk over here where you won't try to kill me," Kristina said, walking away into a room. Quickly I wiped all of the dirt off my face until I looked somewhat clean. "Wonderful, now get dressed. We have someone to see," Kristina said coming out with a bundle of clothes in her hand.
"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked.
"You look suspicious, now hurry!" she said throwing the bundle at my face. I caught it in one hand and went into a separate room to change. I came out a minute later feeling uncomfortable.
"This is weird, I don't even wear glasses," I said looking down at the outfit she gave me. It was a pair of jeans with a plaid shirt and a brown jacket.
"You look-hipster," Kristina answers. I stare at her blankly. "Right, you're from the World War Two era. I'll have to catch you up on some stuff,"
"Well, let's just get this over with. I like to work alone," I reply as Kristina exits the house, me following behind her. We walk down the street and turn a corner. The smell of lavender overwhelms me as we stop in front of a small shop. Faded lettering spells out 'Those Asian Products' as we enter. A bell rings from the door as we step further into the building. Random products were on the walls, tables, everywhere. It barely had any space to walk.
"Well, well, well, if it isn't The Hacker," a voice says. Out of nowhere a small man walks out with gigantic goggles on his eyes.
"Brent, cut it out. We need your help," Kristina snaps gesturing to me.
"Who's he, your boyfriend?" Brent asks putting his fists up almost like asking for a fight.
"No, just help us before I kick you," she says impatiently. Brent ignores her and starts sizing me up.
"Who are you buddy, walking into my shop with all that swagger?" Brent says with a weird voice that sounds like he's being choked. Swagger? Didn't people have something to do instead of coming up with swajjeg- oh whatever that word was.
"Realize I have no idea what you are talking about a small Asian man," I said as Brent looks taken aback.
"You offend me, I am not Asian!"
"You are man, how have you not realized that?" Kristina says as Brent looks away in thought for a moment.
"Maybe you are right, then what type of Asian am I?" Brent thinks in wonder, his eyes growing big with excitement.
"Your an idiot, but I need your help, so I'm going to have to deal with it," Kristina says as Brent snaps back into reality.
"What do you need my lady?" he asks bowing down.
"I need a super original invention that will help us break into Cyberteck,"
"Have it delivered to you by tomorrow," Brent says as we start to leave until he yells. "ON ONE CONDITION!" we stare at him as he inches toward us slowly like we might bite his head off. "I can join your super secret band!" Kristina groans and nods her head as Brent jumps up and down.
"Let's leave now before he notices us," Kristina whispers as we exit the store. We quickly hurried down the street, checking behind us every few seconds to make sure Brent wasn't following us. We finally enter a cafe and sit down at a table in the back.
"Weird friend you have," I say gazing around. Having to kill took away my time to observe things. I rather liked seeing all the details of everything, made me feel like I was living in the moment.
"I know he's weird. He's amazing at robotics though, we'll need him to get anywhere with Hydra," Kristina explains. A waitress comes by and drops off a coffee in front of Kristina.
"Here you are ma'am," she says.
"I think there must be a mistake, I never ordered anything," Kristina explains.
"A gentlemen over there told me to give this to you,"
"Tell him I'm not interested," Kristina says pushing the coffee away from her. The waitress nods and takes the coffee back to a guy sitting in a corner staring at us.
"Does that happen a lot?" I ask.
"This is the second time, I don't have time for boyfriends though," Kristina says awkwardly looking away. I hear a chair skid in the background as the guy comes over.
"So what will make you interested then?" he asks.
"Nothing and I'm leaving," she says quickly getting up. I follow her out the door walking right beside her. I hear the door open as the guy catches up to us.
"Playing hard to get?" he says standing right in front of us. He smacked his gum loudly making me cringe. I honestly wanted to punch this guy in the face.
"Hey, bro why don't you go and find someone who's actually single?" I say putting my arm around Kristina's shoulder. She shudders a bit but doesn't say anything.
"Really want to mess with me?" he says.
"I should be asking you that, picking a fight with a boyfriend and a guy with a metal arm really is smart isn't it?"
"Metal arm?" he asks confused. I pull up the sleeve of my jacket to reveal the shining silver arm. He backs away and runs down the street as I pull down my sleeve quickly. I take my arm away from Kristina's shoulder as she inches away.
"Thanks for that," Kristina says looking down. I'm getting the impression people don't usually help her.
"That guy was a jerk, besides I had to help a friend," I answer honestly.
"We're friends?" she asks.
"Almost, I don't usually do friends, but there's no getting out of this one," I say. "Besides, I need you to explain to me what happened since I lost my memory," I point out as Kristina nods slowly.
"Cool, that's cool," she says like she's trying to process what I just said. I smile at her, something that I haven't done in a long time. She smiles back. "We should head back to my house, we can call it Serpent HQ!" she says happily as I just stare at her like she grew three heads.
"Sure," I said sarcastically dragging on the word. Kristina starts skipping down the sidewalk. I follow behind her as she babbles on about how she feels like the Avengers, I have no idea who they are, and how she's going to be awesome finally. Finally, we arrive back at what she now calls the Serpent HQ.
"We should watch movies you missed! It will help with pop culture now!" she says. I sit on the leather sofa as she turns on some movie. I know I should've stayed awake, but I instantly fell asleep the second it started singing about some snowman.
I woke up feeling groggy and tired. My stomach hurt, and my head felt heavy. Rubbing my eyes, I realized I was laying on the couch with a blanket draped over me. I still wore my same clothes, and I could hear pans knocking against each other in the kitchen.
"Dinner time sleep head! Then we will go to work!" Kristina yelled coming out with two bowls of soup and two spoons. I took one of each and eagerly started slurping the soup feeling the food enter my stomach.
"I think we should find out what your name is," Kristina says, slowly savoring her soup. I quickly finish mine, instantly feeling full. I set my bowl down and stare at her trying to say 'what do you propose we do?'. "It might be difficult though, saying we don't know a thing about your past," she finishes.
"Bucky," I say suddenly.
"What?" Kristina looks confused.
"My name is James Buchanan Barnes, better known as Bucky Barnes," I say as Kristina looks at me in shock.
"That's not possible, Bucky Barnes feel to his death. It destroyed Captain America's heart," Kristina said.
"Yeah well I checked out Captain America's exhibit in the Smithsonian, look it up yourself. Also why you're at it, look up a description of Captain America. I have no idea who he is beside the fact I was supposed to kill him," I say as Kristina pulls out her laptop and furiously starts typing on the keyboard. I see her eyes move fast as she processes the information. Finally, she looks up with shock written all over her face.
"You are Bucky Barnes! Look!" she shows me the screen and on it is the man on the bridge and me, except without a metal arm. I shrug not actually realizing how important this is. Her jaw goes slack as she tries to make me realize the importance of me being James Buchanan Barnes. "You're supposed to be dead! Which means Hydra just brainwashed you and stole you away from your old life! Which also means your Captain America's best friend!"
"That's great, except I don't know who Captain America is. I know he's the man on the bridge but who is he exactly?" I ask.
"He's a World War Two soldier who was given a serum to make him a super soldier and was the first to defeat Hydra. In the process, though he was frozen in time for seventy years. You were his best friend who while fighting with him fell off a train and died. Except your sitting in front of me so obviously you are quite alive," Kristina says as I try to reel my head around the information.
"I knew him," I whisper, lost in memories. My head started hurting again as I closed my eyes, sucking in a breath.
"I had him on the ropes," Steve said, nose bleeding from the beat up. It was a typical day, yet I walk into an alley to find Steve a bloody pulp again.
"Sure you did," I say laughing. As much as I love Steve and his spirit, he couldn't hold up a fight if he was forced to. "Let's go," I say walking away from him as he struggles to catch me.
"Where are we going?" he asks, holding a bloody handkerchief to his face.
"To the future,"
"BUCKY!" Kristina's shaking my shoulders as I snap back to reality.
"What happened?" I say, feeling the emotion in that small glimpse.
"You just started to scream, you were holding your head. I wanted to call the hospital, but they would turn you into the government. Besides, if a man walked in with a metal arm it would be horrible," Kristina said babbling.
"I'm fine, I was just remembering a lost memory. About Steve, Steve Rogers. That's Captain America's name right?" I say as Kristina nods.
"It's good we know it's not a permanent memory lock. I think you should rest though, I have an extra bed upstairs. It's getting late, and you should sleep," Kristina says helping me up and leading me up the stairs. I kick off my shoes at the door and collapse onto the bed.
"Good Night Bucky," I hear as I doze off into a dreamless sleep.
I wake up several hours later. It's bright outside as I slowly sit up. I walk downstairs seeing if Kristina's up yet. Thankfully I see her in the kitchen making what looks like a soufflé.
"Good Morning friend," I say taking a seat.
"Good Morning Bucky, can I call you that? Or do you want to be called something else?" she asks.
"Bucky's fine, it feels normal. Like I'm used to hearing it," I say.
"You should be saying that's your name and all. I have a pair of clothes you can change into after your shower. Brent should be here soon," Kristina says. I nod and go over to grab the bundle of clothes.
"Why do you have guys clothes anyway?" I ask.
"When I need to gather info, I just steal clothing, and along the way, I grab other things I don't need. Mostly because I'm too lazy to pack a bag, so I just steal stuff," Kristina says. Suddenly she starts jumping up and down in celebration.
"What?" I ask.
"I SUCCESSFULLY MADE A SOUFFLÉ!" she yelled as she set down the hot pan. I walked away from her saying as she was crazy at the moment. Quickly, I took a shower and got dressed in the clothes she gave me and headed downstairs.
For the rest of the morning, we spent educating me on pop culture. For example, I had my first cake pop, learned that most pop music is terrible, the Beatles and Pearl Jam are amazing, Frozen is a huge hit, and that Kristina absolutely hates it when couples call each other baby. She expressed her frustration by snapping twelve pencils in half, which takes skill by the way. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
I walked over and opened it to find Brent standing there with a box in his hand.
"Guess who has your secret into Cyberteck?"

I FINALLY POSTED!!! YAYYYY

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, school is ending soon so they are shoving tests in your face at the last moment.

What do you guys think of Brent? I think he's a crazy person in my opinion but he will be that character I hope you will laugh at because he's a psychopath and stuff.

Also what do you think of Bucky's and Kristina's relationship growing? Its now a weird friend thing.

What do you think Brent made? I know what it is but what do you think? This is Brent we're talking about, I'm not surprised if he made a rabbit gumball machine.

Kristina "The Hacker" or Jenna Coleman on the side >>>>

I have a major crush on Sebastian, seriously. I made my Grandma sew me a plush of the Winter Soldier that I am attached to. Its becoming weird.

Now I don't know about you, but I read the comics and I love Loki Agent of Asgard. I'm not a huge Loki fan, but he is hilarious. I'm a Winter Soldier fan, because he's super attractive.

Vote, Comment, read, love, share, do all of those things

-Jill