Chapter 4//We ran into the billionaire

Chapter 4//We Ran Into The Billionaire

"Oh crap, oh crap, OH CRAP!" Kristina kept muttering. Rocking herself back and forth. Just a couple seconds ago did we run into a man. I had jumped out of the car and pulled him inside before Brent was speeding off again. We didn't have time to stop. Cyberteck wanted our heads. The man had been knocked unconscious and was bleeding slightly, but no severe damage. I thought it was going to be ok until Kristina started freaking out.
"OH MY GOD WE RAN INTO TONY STARK!" she screeches, her eyes widening. I recognized the last name. I don't know from where though.
"Ummm, who's Tony Stark?" I ask nervously.
"GENIUS. BILLIONAIRE. PLAYBOY. PHILANTHROPIST. OWNER OF STARK INDUSTRIES. SON OF HOWARD STARK." Kristina yells, still panicking. For the amount of time I've known Kristina, she had seemed like a very calm girl. So if she was freaking out, I was more than worried.
"Kristina calm down!" I shout trying to catch her attention. It's no use, she's hyperventilating.
"Bucky, kiss her or something!" Brent yells, obviously panicking.
"What?! No!" I shout back, and it quickly turns into a huge shouting match.
"KISS HER."
"NO."
"I KNOW YOU LIKE HER."
"OF COURSE I DO, SHES MY FRIEND"
"Do you looovvvvveee her?"
"Brent, I swear I'm going to kill-"
"Bucky and Kristina sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G."
"Hydra wiping my memory seems so much more appealing now."
"Bucky, if you're not going to kiss her, KISS ME!"
"WHAT? Why."
"Because I'm beautiful and Asian, and pretty-"
"Someone kill me now."
"And totally your type-"
"I totally did not escape Hydra for this crap."
"And beautiful-"
"That's it. I'm leaving." I snap walking away from Brent as he continues doing..something. The man looked like he was waking up now. I crawled over to him, pulling him into the van. I knelt at his feet to see if he was ok.
"You ok sir?" I ask as the man sits up, stretching his neck.
"What happened?" he questions. I let out a sigh of relief. He's ok.
"We accidentally ran into you. I'm so sorry about that by the way," I apologize as he looks around. We probably sound like a wreck. Kristina panicking to the side and Brent driving like a mad man.
"I think you should probably give me your life, but other than that your fine," the man remarks as I stare at him confused.
"What?"
"I'm kidding, what are you? A hermit crab? Do you get a joke?" he exclaims, throwing his hands up like its the most obvious thing.
"Sorry, I'm still new around here."
"Of course you are, let me guess. You're running away from Cyberteck, and I'm going to end up helping you in some way or another?" he asks as I just nod my head slowly. The van jumps up slightly from a bump in the road. We all yelp and slide over to some side before catching our breaths.
"BRENT YOU FREAKING IDIOT!" Kristina screams, charging her way towards the front. Well, this situation is turning out nice and good, I think sarcastically. Wait, what's sarcasm? And was that the first thought I've had that's sarcastic, or am I just remembering something. I'm not even going to deal with this right now.
"Who let this person drive?" the man questions as the van, once again, bounces from another bump.
"Not me," I mumble as I hear more screeching from the front. For the first time, I'm actually terrified of Kristina. Mostly because I feel like she has the potential to kill me.
"What's your name crabby?" the man asks.
"Crabby?"
"I don't know what to call you."
"Bucky, the name's Bucky."
"Weird name. Tony Stark, but you might already know me," Tony remarks as I arch an eyebrow. So far all I'm getting is 'cocky' from this guy and nothing else.
"I actually don't," I reveal making Tony gape. For some reason, it brings me a sense of happiness knowing I knocked down this guys ego a notch.
"How do you-" Tony's cut off when we once again hit a bump, taking a sharp turn and stopping abruptly. I find myself sprawled on the floor, my eye's wide at the event that had just occurred.
"Get Stark into the house before the police find us," Kristina orders as I kick Tony out the back door. We shove him into our headquarters as Brent locks the door behind us. Before Brent does anything though, I whack him upside the head with my metal arm. Just to show him I hate his driving. And for making those romance comments earlier that I wish Hydra could erase from my brain.
"Listen Stark, if you tell anyone about what we're doing, then we're all dead, hear me?" Kristina threatens, pushing him up against the wall.
"Yep, yep. Get it. Got it. Touché, why don't I help you, so you don't kill me?" Tony mutters. Kristina lets him go, brushing his shoulders off.
"We're decrypting these files, so we can see what Hydra is up to."
"Isn't Hydra that company that destroyed-"
"Yep, yep, now help us," Kristina growls as she and Tony get to work. I'm still impressed by the way they quickly just decrypt the hard drive and break into everything. The numbers and letters fly across the screen, those two speaking in a language I don't understand. Makes me sad I missed the evolution of all of this. I sigh, suddenly more down than before. My life was ripped away from me, and I'm still trying to get the hang of most of this stuff. Sometimes I think I never will.
"Did you do it?" Brent exclaims, peeking over their shoulders at the screens.
"It'll take an hour or so for it to load completely, we'll have to do something beforehand."
"How do we know he's on our side?" I accuse, nodding my head towards Tony.
"I'm on your side because I'm scared of your girlfriend, and this organization managed to take down SHIELD and I want to know why. So I'm helping you, scouts honor," Tony holds a fist to his chest, then extends it out. I mumble and shake his hand, making it official he's one of us.
"I have an idea of what we can do!" Kristina states, returning back to her old self.
"I don't like the sound of this...," Brent grumbles as Kristina runs to the living room and comes back with two movies.
"DISNEY MARATHON!" Kristina announces as all of us groan. It will be a long two hours.
~2 hours later, and the boy's torture of Disney + Kristina's terrible singing~
"Am I dead?" Tony mumbles, rolling off the couch. Brent's rocking himself back and forth, and I'm sitting there, frozen, no pun intended. What makes it worse? Kristina singing Let it Go.
"LET IT GO!!! LET IT GO!! CAN'T HOLD ME BACK ANYMORE!! LET IT- Hey, its done loading!" Kristina exclaims, running over to the computer. We all cheer in happiness and rush over to move on to something else quickly. We all sat around the screen, staring at the dozens of folders that were along the desktop. I'm so thankful Kristina taught me the basics of computers.
Kristina clicked open a folder labeled 'PROJECT X' and opened another file that brought up a journal entry from a Hydra scientist.
We are working hard for Project X. We have had so far, twenty successful patients. The other two hundred died, but the twenty that succeeded is all we need. We were planning on using The Winter Soldier for our experiments, but after he left, we are stuck with volunteers. So far our most successful one is Micah Rodey, a dedicated Hydra agent. We took the X-Gene of the mutant called Psychlocke, and now, Micah has the extraordinary powers of her. Mostly telepathy and some telekinesis. We will wait to see what further abilities are saviors can take.
Hail Hydra.
We all just sat there in silence. I had no idea what the entry meant. Brent and Tony looked as confused as I did, but I could tell Kristina knew. She knew what was going on.
"Whats a mutant?" Tony whispers, barely an audible sound. Almost like he was afraid of breaking the silence.
"A mutant is an organism, usually human, who has acquired the genetic trait called an X-Gene that allows them to develop superhuman abilities naturally."
"And?"
"Hydra is experimenting on humans and mutants. They're making humans into mutants. Not just for experimental purposes. They're making a superior race, one better than everyone else. They're making an army to kill the ones who can't be superior."
CHAPTER 5
The room was silent. Dead silent. And not a comforting silence. A haunting one. A silence that made chills crawl up your spine and cold sweat coat your body. The second the words left Kristina's mouth, everyone froze. No one was saying anything. Kristina looked worried, for herself and everyone. Brent looked ready to pass out. Tony just seemed like he was wondering why the hell he decided to help us.
I was scared. Something I haven't felt in a long time. At least I could feel like I've never felt like this in a long time. The Winter Soldier isn't scared, he's fearless. Proud, confident. Not terrified like I am right now. I just want to curl up somewhere and never wake up.
Kristina bites her lip and hides her head in her hands. Her body shakes as she looks up, her eyes red from crying.
"We're all going to die, aren't we? We're going to die," She sobs, for the first time looking vulnerable.
"Why would you say that?" Brent asks.
"HYDRA has never been beaten completely! They've been around since World War 2 and still manage to surprise us! How can an ex-soldier, a robotics guy, a billionaire, and a useless hacker stop them?" Kristina yells, standing up and throwing the chair across the room. No one blinks or flinches. We all just stand there listening to her freak out.
"WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" She shouts, crying again, her hands hiding her face. I awkwardly place my hand on her back, not used to comforting someone. She looks up at me, fear the only emotion on her face.
"I don't want to die," she whispers, her voice cracking. I don't like seeing her like this. I don't like seeing her hurt. If only I knew how to stop them, or at least know where they were. Wait.
"You're not going to die, we took down Cyberteck, we can take down HYDRA. And if not permanently, then at least temporarily," I assure her, my hands on her shoulders.
"Why would you say that?" she stutters.
"Because I have a plan, and I need Tony's help," I look behind me to see Tony with a look of surprise on his face.
"Me? Why? I thought you found me rude and annoying."
"Tony, you are rude and annoying. But I think I might know where HYDRA is," I stand up straighter, trying to calm myself down from what I'm about to do.
"Where?" Brent questions, finally contributing in the conversation.
"I don't know, but I need Tony to bring my memory back so I can know. At least some of it."
"Are you asking what I think your asking?" Kristina crosses her arms, finally pulling her act together.
"Yes, we need to get my memory back."

Da, da, DUMMM

So, I'm a slow updater if you haven't realized. And I'm going to be even slower because of school recently starting. I'm so terribly sorry about that.

I'm going to try my best though!

I'm just one of those writers that writes when I have the inspiration, so yeah.

For those who have started school, how is your school year? I'm pretty good, despite moving to a new school so yeah.

Also, thank you so much SinisterSushi for the AMAZING COVER, everyone round of applause *claps*

What do you think of Hydra's schemes?

How will they stop them?

Am I the only one fan girling over Bucky and Kristina?

Also comment what you think will happen, and if this story gets enough comments [ probably like 2 or 4 more ] or at least 3 or 5 more votes, than I will update as quickly as possible, and dedicate a chapter to those people so yay.

Vote, Comment, be a reader!

-avengeasgard