1.4 - "... Women were allowed to have 7 husbands."

I want you to marry me. Towards the sudden proposal that came from the both of them, I raised my voice saying, "Just a second!" To the voice that was loud enough to disrupt traffic, Winzel-san covers my mouth.

"In any case, let's go somewhere else. To stand out in such a place, would it not cause problems for you guys?" Hearing Winzel-san's words, Vioce and Louis look at each other and nod. I closed my mouth and grumbled.

Eventually, we arrived at a small bar. In a shop that was not very clean by modern Japanese standards, it still seemed to be a shop that was not at all bad in this world. The first floor had 5 tables and counters. The second floor was a private room, where we headed to. While I said that the second floor was a private room, it was more like an inn. It seems that if you stay up here, you can also order liquor with a meal as well.

Going through the room, it was small with only two beds. I was told to sit on one of them, so I did with furrowed brows. Ciel naturally went next to me and sat down. Winzel-san stood at the door. Vioce and Louis sat in front of me.

Before anyone said anything, I opened my mouth. "Um, I do not mean to get married in this world." I declared clearly, Vioce asked, "What do you wish to do then?"

"W-well... Part-time...?" Somewhere in a suitable restaurant. At this, Louis lets out a sigh, "Hah." This guy, being so rude after meeting in such a long time. It wasn't like this a long time ago. He was like Sakura, Sakura, following me around like a puppy. Have a look at yourself! You used to treat me like your mother.

"I don't understand you at all. Five years ago, women were prohibited from working outside in public organizations."

"What!?"

What does this mean!? Raising his voice, Louis tilted his head and spoke as if speaking to a small child, "Understand?"

"If a woman were not to be strictly enclosed in a house, even if you're working, people are often kidnapping them to sell. While it's okay to be alone. To work outside, it may as well be a joke. Of course, it's different if you have an escort, but I don't think you've thought up to that point?"

So being alone was absurd, I recall being behind the temple crying alone for a couple of hours. Winzel-san also seemed to think the same thing, glancing at me. No, No! It couldn't be helped a while ago!? Louis noticed the eye contact between me and Winzel-san, he turns his eyes full of suspicion towards me, "No way, Sakura." I shook my head in a panic.

"Not at all! I did not walk alone at all! I said it just before, but I just arrived here!"

"So?"

A gaze filled with disbelief is aimed at me, trying to read my expression, then suddenly drops his gaze. Louis, as if giving up says, "Then it's fine."

"Anyways, despite what you think Sakura, it's impossible to work alone."

"Ah, well... What about a government institution? Is it alright there?"

"Sakura, not only do you have to read and write letters of this kingdom, you must also be able to read and write the letters of other kingdoms, do you have that sort of skill?"

"..."

I realize that would be impossible. It would not be like learning how to chop onions and peel potatoes. Raising his eyebrows, Vioce who kept silent looked towards me as if saying "Well."

Those deep gray eyes, although they do not express much, they are always looking forward. 10 years ago, with those pure eyes, he had asked "Sakura, what is XXX?" when asked about an 18+ prohibited term, I did not know what to do, but those memories which I had buried have resurfaced. Although, I do not really understand what happened even now, was he asking seriously, or was it a practical joke, I wonder which it was. As usual I am stared at with those same eyes, I flinched involuntarily.