3.1 - "M-mother-in-law, father-in-law..."

Let's start back at the beginning. A year ago, I was transported to another world and spent my days cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. One year after that, I was transported back again, only to be told that ten years have passed.

"Sakura, I will definitely make you happy. My cute bride."

"I will protect you, darling."

And then I somehow gained two husbands...

***

I was wearing a gorgeous white dress, waiting in a small room in the church. Incredible. Am I really getting married today – and even in another world! In addition, with two people! I reluctantly accept the reality, letting out a sniffle.

The elderly woman who helped me put on the dress and do up my hair asked me "Oh, what's wrong? Is it too tight?" as she thought I was thinking about the corset. I shook my head and then straightened my back.

The first wedding dress that I've ever wore was heavy. It had lace, frills, fine embroidery, and a star-shaped jewel was sewn on, it was a high-class dress that probably weighed ten kilograms. The corset hurt, the dress was heavy, I was getting married to two people, there were no lack of complaints for my second trip to a different world. I'd be kept busy from morning till night, even the first time when I cut my fingers peeling vegetables was much better.

"Too much..."

The women putting away the cosmetics did not hear my misery. Having been told not to sit down or I'd wrinkle the dress, I endured and stared out the window.

The sky was clear, and the birds were chirping.

"The weather is nice..."

But unlike the clear sky, dark thunderous clouds were hanging over my chest.

Ah, I wanted to run away. I just wanted to take off this dress and go. I glanced at the door in longing. Of course, I couldn't do that, ah, but, but...! My heart was calling...! And while I was thinking of these things.

The door slowly opened and out appeared two couples. Who are they? Oh, right.

"M-mother-in-laws, father-in-laws..."

They were the parents of Louis and Vioce, they glanced at each other, and the mothers approached me. When my right hand was taken by Louis's mother and the left by Vioce's they called out, "Sakura-san." Before I could reply, Louis's mother spoke.

"You look beautiful, Sakura-san. The tiara I've chosen looks perfect on you."

"T-thank you, mother-in-law."

"It really suits you, Sakura-san. Vioce will surely fall for you all over again. The necklace I've given you also looks quite nice."

"T-thank you, mother-in-law."

The two mothers were relentless with their compliments, these were things they chose in the first place, while glancing at the both of them I made up my mind. These two were not bad people. When I was going to choose my dress, they kidnapped me while saying "Who cares about my son! Let's choose a dress together!" We could perhaps become friends. They were delighted to hear that their sons had chosen a wife, and I thought they would have become angry when they heard there was another person – but it wasn't like that at all.

"Are you okay with only two? Is that really alright? Wouldn't it be better to quickly make more husbands?"

"How about I help you? What do you look for in a man?"

They said things like that instead. A foreign world sure is scary.

The two fathers also had the same reactions, at our first meeting they had said.