Lovebirds

The next morning Debbie woke up and decided to start reading a book, she opened up her phone to ask Brenda what happened last night but instead she found three Tinder messages, all from a cutie named Zach. When did I swipe on him? Debbie didn't care...he was hot. She opened up the messages and he had a sweet and corny pickup line, "What is a cute, funny, beautiful...man like me doing without your number?" Wow, she laughed and then couldn't stop smiling; that was smooth. She messaged him back and gave him her number because, well, she just couldn't resist. Once he messaged her, it was game over. They texted all day and all night, getting to know each other and they found out that they had more in common than they would have ever guessed. Debbie's mom died when she was 9 from cancer and it turns out that Zach's dad had just passed way a few years ago. Wow, she thought, this is crazy. It made her feel better that she wasn't the only person who hated who her parent was dating; he hated who his mother was married to. It was fate.

Debbie was all about systems, and of course, she had one for texting this kid. While she was reading her book, she would only message back after every two chapters, so she didn't look too desperate...which let's be honest, she was. Unless Zach texted her back in the middle of one of the two chapters, she would wait two more; it worked much better than her swiping system. He was not a good texter though, he took FOREVER to respond which sometimes drove her crazy because she was the kind of girl that needed constant reassurance, but she let it go because it was only a small, stupid thing to be hung up on.

After a while of texting, the two lovebirds exchanged Snapchats, just because. If texting all day wasn't enough, they snapped all the time as well...Zach was one of the only people that Debbie opened up to. A few nights later while the two were snapping, he asked for a selfie but since it was late at night, she did not have any makeup on so she told him that, he was understanding and said that he didn't mind and just asked her to send one when she was ready.

Debbie decided that it was important to reassure him that she was not skinny, in case he was unaware.

"You know I'm not skinny, right?" She sent him a black picture with white text and anxiously waited for a response. A few moments later, he responded.

"And I'm too skinny" He's perfect, she thought, he doesn't care that I'm fat or ugly without makeup...he cares that I'm Debbie.