I hope he keeps his promises

"One, two, three, cheers!" We clanked our shot glasses together in the dining room and we both took it down like a champ. I didn't flinch but this lightweight over here needed a chaser and was making a face like he just sucked on a lemon.

"You okay over there?" I laughed while I was saying it because his face really was priceless. He shook his head and started laughing at himself, now I don't feel so bad.

"I'm not much of a hard liquor kind of guy, I actually don't drink much at all."

"Really? I would have had no idea!" We both threw our heads back in laughter and he came over and gave me a side hug.

"You're pretty alright kid." By accident (well that's what I told him) I touched his butt when he hugged me. "Little frisky are we?" He winked and I blushed, as per usual. Seriously, what's new?

"It was by accident, my deepest apologies." He nodded his head as if to say, 'yeah, whatever you say'.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say." Wow, so that was what he was going to say. I couldn't help but laugh and he just kept attempting to wink at me, he wasn't good at it. It was almost pathetic; it made me laugh more.

After our shot, we kept on talking for another two hours until he decided that he needed to leave because he had work early in the morning. I looked at the clock...2:48 in the morning?! When the fuck did that happen? As I was pouring him a drink for the ride home, he was looking at me like he wanted to say something but was too scared to.

"So, how would you feel about hanging out again next weekend? We could have a movie marathon?" I couldn't stop smiling, he wanted to hang out again! I didn't fuck this up!!!!!!

"Sure, that sounds really great!" I think I was too energetic in that answer, but he smiled and let out a sigh of relief, so I think that I'm good.

We hugged again on his way out and I told him to text me when he got home and he promised that he would. About 20 minutes later he texted me that he was home and he promised me that he would see me again next weekend and that he had a really good time. I fell asleep smiling but all I kept thinking was, 'I hope he's the type that keeps his promises.'

-P