5 | little like the lap sitting

' she was the light to their darkness '

THE MORNING BRINGS strings of white stratus to contrast against the blue sky

THE MORNING BRINGS strings of white stratus to contrast against the blue sky. They moved in the morning sky, kissed into brilliant white by the warm grinning sun. They moved south toward the ocean, together yet independent. Gaps widen and close, one slides right under another and always they are changing shape.

Streaks of sunlight penetrated the windows of the Mitchell's house. As it slipped through the gaps in the curtain, the beauty in the king sized bed let out a small groan as her room began to brighten up. Turning on her stomach, she wrapped her arms and legs around something hard and...muscular. A chuckle arose from it, the thing vibrating underneath her which frightened her a bit, however, the familiar feeling of sparks soothes her as she realised what it was underneath her, more like who.

Opening her doe brown eyes, Mia was met with the face of Ethan, the youngest out of him and his twin, Aiden. A smile crawled onto her face as she cuddled into his chest, sighing as heat emitted off of him.

"Good morning," Mia said as she threw a leg around his waist, pulling him closer. The brunette laid her head on Ethan's chest, listening to his heartbeat that stayed steady. Mia felt safe and protected in his embrace like a soothing blanket was thrown on her since the first day she met the two. She was comfortable with them, too comfortable and for some reason, she liked it.

"Morning," he said, huskily, a cheeky yet warm grin tugging at his lips. Mia smiled in content, her warm breath hitting the youngest twin's bare chest.

"Its time to go to school," interrupted Mia's mum as she knocked on the wooden door. The brunette let out a groan but complied, pushing herself off Ethan, the werewolf letting out a small inaudible whimper as her warmth disappeared along with the sparks.

"Come on, Ethan," she grabbed his hand, tugging him upwards into a sitting position. "We've got to go get ready." He let out a groan but complied with his mate's wishes and crawled off the bed, standing up and walking to the girl's walk-in closet that had a males section.

"Why do you have men's clothes?" Mia smiled innocently but didn't answer. She grabbed her clothes while Ethan let out a chuckle, shaking his head at his shared mate. Grabbing what he found nice, he stripped in the closet while Mia went to the bathroom.

"Can I come out?" she yelled from her bathroom.

"Yeah." And just as she walked out, Ethan slipped on his shoes from yesterday. The brunette smiled at his choice of clothes and then intertwined their hands, pulling him out of the room, down the stairs and into the kitchen where her mum had three plates filled with food on the table while she stood behind.

"Oh, I thought there were three of you." Mia smiled softly.

"Aiden went back home," she answered and her mum nodded in understanding.

"I'll just put it in a bag." The brunette sat on the stool along with Ethan who flashed a smile to the lady behind the kitchen island.

"Thank you, Mrs Mitchell." The said lady let out a laugh, cheeks tinting a baby pink.

"Please, call me Rose." Once Rose finished packing the other twin's food, she walked over to Mia and kissed her temple. "Have fun at school," she said before bidding the youngest twin goodbye and walking out of the house, going to the hospital to do her job as a nurse.

"Shall we get going?" asked Mia once they finished eating their breakfast. Ethan nodded and grabbed both of their bags causing Mia to laugh gently. "Thanks," she pecked his cheek causing a great big smile to explode on his face as his eyes lit up.

The sound of a honk burst their little moment. Rolling her eyes, Mia exited the house with the youngest twin following her. Taking one glance at the silver coloured Ferrari f12, Ethan knew that his twin brother was smirking inside while wearing his sunglasses.

"I'll put the bags away."

Mia took their bags from his arms and went and opened the hood of the car, placing their bags in the storage space at the front. Closing it, the brunette went around only to see Ethan sitting in the passenger while his brother sat in the driver's seat, both wearing matching sunglasses and cheeky grins.

"And where am I going to sit?" she asked, a hand placed on her jutted out hip while one of her perfectly done brows rose. Ethan patted his lap causing the brunette to scoff. The youngest twin rolled his eyes before grabbing her arm and yanking her into his lap before closing the car door. "Ethan!"

The twins barked out a laugh while Mia started scolding them for their mischievous behaviour. Aiden shook his head and reversed out of the brunette's driveway.

As Mia continued to scold them, the twins couldn't help but think how lucky they are to get someone like her as their mate. They're complete opposites. While Mia is innocent, they are evil, cruel and cold. The alpha pack killed their old packs, at least Deucalion, Ennis and Kali. The twins were once the rings of the pack but after killing their own pack, they became alphas.

The pack was grateful to have a mate like Mia, someone who could tame their monsters. And nothing would ever separate their mate from them because they'd rather let hell freeze over before anything happens to her.

All five of them are bonded to one innocent human who had the most powerful alphas all wrapped around her finger.

Mia was the most powerful human being and not because of her strength, no, because of her smarts and the wolves that stood behind her. And no would ever mess with her once they heard who she was with because if someone even tried to, well, they'd wish they were never born.

Because as long as the alpha pack is alive, no one could touch her. Not now, not ever.