4 | little like the mate connection

' with the butterflies dancing for fun '

A WEEK HAD PASSED and before Mia knew it, the music competition had begun

A WEEK HAD PASSED and before Mia knew it, the music competition had begun. The brown haired human has asked her friend, Brett, for help along with his mate's help, Liam. The two were friends with the McCall pack for quite a while with the latter basically apart of it.

"Hey, Liam." Mia greeted as the young male walked over to her with a big grin spread across his face. The two embraced in a quick hug before Mia resumed her position by telling the other students want to do and where to hang and place the decorations.

"I still can't believe you're doing this," Liam said as he stood by his friend, watching the other students place the stage at the front of his school. Well, ex-school. The brown haired werewolf moved schools just recently because he fucked up his coaches car, which Mia was happy about because the coach was a pain in the ass anyway.

Liam's Mate, Brett, walked over to the two, wrapping an arm around him while flashing Mia a quick smile.

The brunette enjoyed watching the two and their bond of love. When Liam damaged their coaches car, Brett got pissed, yes, but he never did anything to hurt or upset Liam and that was what Mia loved about the two. They were practically made for each other.

"Babe." Hearing the voice of her own lover, Mia perked up, eyes lighting as she felt an arm snake around her waist. Sparks crawled up her skin and Mia sighed in content, relaxing into Ethan's warm body.

"Looking good, baby girl." Aiden flashes her a grin as he stood by his twin and their shared mate.

"I know. It's coming out perfect." Mia grinned, eyes alight. Aiden chuckled softly, leaning towards her ear.

"I was talking about you," he whispered. Her cheeks flared red as she giggled.

"You must be Ethan and Aiden." Liam hummed as his eyes narrowed at the two alpha twins, who rose a brow as they turned to look at the couple. Brett, sensing their aura of power, wrapped an arm around his own mate, pulling him into his protective embrace. Mia sighed as she felt the tension build in the air and in her lovers.

"Babes, meet Liam and Brett," she introduced them, nodding at the couple. "My best friends," she emphasised on the best friend part because she knew that the twins could get really possessive. Ethan flashed them a smile, content with the fact that the two were gay for each other and not in love with Mia.

"Nice to meet you," he said before nudging his brother with his elbow. Aiden stood still, tense, but greeted them with a nod. Mia smiled softly at Aiden, knowing that he didn't really like meeting new people.

"It's fine," she said, wrapping her fingers around his arm. "They're my friends," she gave him a reassured look, pecking his cheek.

"Mia!" Hearing her name bring called, Mia turned to see the students of Devenford Prep struggling. She nodded, waving goodbye to her friends and mates.

"I'll be back in a bit," she squeezed Aiden's hand in comfort before leaving and heading over to the students.

"So I take it that Mia still has yet to know that she's your mate?" Brett rose a brow as he stood with Liam in his arms. Aiden glanced at the couple and nodded.

"Well, at least she knows that there is a connection." Liam shrugged in his mate's arm. The twins nodded, warm smiles spreading across their faces as they heard the brunette laugh from the other side of the pitch. Mia decided, since the Devenford pitch is huge, she'd use a small bit of it to put up the stage and hold the competition there. That would leave enough space for both schools to play lacrosse.

"Does she feel a connection with the rest of your pack?" Aiden nodded.

"Yeah. It's small but it's there." The twins stared at their mate with warm smiles on their faces, their wolves content with their mates emotions and attitude. They were happy that she wasn't denying the bond but, instead, accepting it. Hours passed, the team of students finally finishing their work on the stage.

The innocent brunette gazed to the sky. The warm bronze sunlight was swallowed by the horizon. The bright sunny day engulfed in darkness. A beautiful darkness. A darkness where everyone's laughter lines illuminated and seemed to turn from creaks to craters as they smiled at the scintillating moon. The cold night tired Mia, who closed her eyes.

Somewhere in the distance an owl sounded, awakening the nocturnal nature. The lustrous, dancing stars glinted in the sky, brightening it even more. She felt as if there was no such thing as darkness, as long as the moon is iridescently shining and the stars gleam above her, she was never completely in darkness.