Chapter Thirty-Nine

Zach’s POV

This is my dream coming into picture. Ilang beses ko bang inimagine to dati? Not just a hundred times. She looks so beautiful in her wedding dress just as I imagined it.

The moment she said ‘I do’ is the sweetest thing that ever happened to me.

I can’t think of any sweet symbol of love for her other than her diary. Yun naman kasi ang pinanghawakan ko all these years. It’s a sweet reminder that someday I’ll go back to the country to fulfill my self-professed promise to make her life as beautiful as paradise.

“Excited ka masyado! Wala pang kiss the bride noh!” bulong niya. Tumawa ako dahil yun naman talaga ang gusto kong gawin kaso di pa pala pwede. Hehe! Humanda siya mamaya!

“Pupunasan ko lang yang luha mo.” Palusot ko sabay abot ng panyo.

When she gathered her composure. She held the mic. I looked at her. She smiled. The music began to play. "Feels Like Home"

Somethin' in your eyes, makes me wanna lose myself
Makes me wanna lose myself, in your arms
There's somethin' in your voice, makes my heart beat fast
Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life

If you knew how lonely my life has been
And how long I've been so alone
And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along
And change my life the way you've done

I am not familiar with the song but the melody and the lyrics touch my soul.

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong

A window breaks, down a long, dark street
And a siren wails in the night
But I'm alright, 'cause I have you here with me
And I can almost see, through the dark there is light

Her voice is just so lovely. Akala ko sa she’ll sing her wedding march pero inireserve pala niya para sa wedding vow niya.

Well, if you knew how much this moment means to me
And how long I've waited for your touch
And if you knew how happy you are making me
I never thought that I'd love anyone so much

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way the back where I come from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong

I wanna kiss her when she finished the song pero di pa pwede.

“Hindi yung kanta ang symbol of love na ibibigay ko sayo. Nagwawarm-up lang ako!” she said then chuckled.

Lumapit si Sam at iniabot ang isang irregularly-shaped rock.

“I wanna give this as a symbol of my love.”

What? A rock? Seriously?

“Eto ang batong tatama sa ulo mo kapag nambabae ka!”

Everybody laughed. Loko talaga tong babaeng to.

She looked at the people inside the church.

“Eto ang batong tatama sa mga babaeng magtatangkang agawin si Zach sa akin!” banta niya. Napatawa naman ako. Possesive wife!

“Seriously speaking, there was a meteor shower in the country three months ago and fortunately I was able to purchase a part of the meteor rock that fell.” She raised the rock. People gazed interestedly at it including me.

“You are like a falling star to me. Kasi tinupad mo lahat ng pangarap kong dates.”  She smiled.

“Yung kahit na takot na takot ako sa starflyer, lumakas ang loob ko dahil sa mga yakap mo.”

Napangiti ako. Akala ko kasi naiinis siya nun sa akin because I just dragged her.

“Yung The Amazing Spider Man 2, alam ni Zeb gustong-gusto ko yung movie na yun. Pero nung kasama na kita sa loob ng sinehan wala na akong pakialam sa movie, mas masaya palang panuorin ang mukha mo kesa dun.”

Haha! Nahuli ko nga siyang nakatitig sa akin nun at hindi sa screen. Pero pareho lang kami dahil hindi naman ako naka-concentrate sa movie, pinapakiramdaman ko lang siya the whole time.

“Yung hiking natin ang isa sa pinakagusto ko.” She chuckled. Hmm, bakit naman kaya?

“Kasi hinalikan mo ako when you found out that I erased all my pictures in your camera.”

I heard some people laughed.

“Yung dolphin show sa Subic naenjoy ko rin kasi kasama kita!”

Wow! I’m glad she enjoyed it all kahit pa napilitan siya at first.

“Ang sarap palang lumipad na kahawak-kamay kita kahit sa zipline lang tayo posibleng lumipad!”

Napangiti ako. I enjoyed it either.

“At siyempre yung dreamhouse ko na dreamhouse mo na rin kasi nga gaya-gaya ka!” ingos niya.

Natawa naman kaming lahat sa kanya.

“A castle at the heart of the city, thanks babe!”

I just nodded at her.

“And lastly, this wedding! Thank you for making me believe that forever do exists!” She smiled.

“Today you are my falling star because you made my dreams come true. Tonight, let’s see if you are really a shooting star! Can you shoot it in three seconds?” she winked at me. Napatawa naman ang mga greenminded kagaya ko. Hahaha! Loko kasi tong si Nicasia.

She handed the rock to me.

“Meteor rock  talaga to?” bulong ko. She chuckled. Ibinaba niya ang mic saka ako sinagot.

“Hindi noh, asa ka! Ang mahal kaya nun!” bulong din niya. I looked at her puzzled.

“Pinapulot ko lang yan sa labas para maiba pa-effect lang! Ganda kasi ng wedding vow mo nakakaintimidate!” Seryoso ba siya?

“Yung totoo?” bulong ko ulit

“Hindi nga eh, sumakay ka na lang!” kindat niya. Loko talaga to!

Itinaas niya ulit ang mic at nagsalita.

“Actually, you are my dream come true! I know there’d be a lot of problems that may come between us …but I will never forget that all of it is just part of our fairy tale... And fairy tales always have happy endings... But for me, happy endings will always be back in your arms! I love you  Zach! So Much! Now and for all the years to come!”

I hugged her while people are clapping!

Kinuha naman ng pari ang mic.

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounced you man and wife! You may now kiss the bride!”

I held up her veil and kissed her.

For the first time in my life, I looked at her no longer as Nicasia but my wife, Mrs. Zach Randall. I felt thrilled as cameras flashed.

Maybe just maybe after a month, the dream I longed for all those years may come true. Well, I’ll just cross my fingers and pray.