Chapter IV ♡

October 29, 2014

Do you ever just catch yourself looking around and wondering how everything could be possible? How could everything even exist and how could anyone come up with something like that? I know I do. I’ve always asked myself but could never truly figure out the answer. I used to think that every one of us was just a story someone had written and we were just living every day through words; our actions and lines already written for us. Every heartbreak, every win, ever lose and every happy and sad moment was just there, written and planned for us to live it.

I would daily write about my thoughts since I couldn’t just freely tell them to everyone, hoping they could come up with some sort of answer. So that’s what I did, every few days or so after school I would come to this little café at night, sit in a cozy corner with a cup of hot chocolate, and just write.

It was one of those cafés that almost nobody knew about, at least the people that you mostly knew in your daily life. It was the perfect place to be if you just wanted to get away and see faces you have never seen before, that is until today, when a certain someone walked into the café.

I looked up from my notes as the bell from the entrance rang; feeling up my ears with it’s annoying buzzing sound.  A smile came into my face as I saw none other than Mercury walking in. It was weird though, I have come to recognize a few faces that would always come and go, but I definitely have never seen him. Who knows, maybe I have but never really noticed him so detailed as to recognize him.

I watched him as he walked up to the front counter and start talking to the waitress.  Knowing that he probably didn’t see me and won’t come up to say hello, I looked down back on my notebook and started writing again.

So here I am, sitting again, like always, trying to make up my own answers for this world. Maybe we’re just thoughts, living off of someone else’s mind, maybe we don’t even exist, maybe we’re just some, I don’t know, maybe the galaxies had gone bored from ions of being alone and just created us as some sort of entertainment. Maybe they were the causes of wars and conflicts as they grew bored of us not quiet doing anything, maybe –

“Mind if I sit with you?”

I looked up startled from my note book to see Mercury standing in front of me. I shook my head, slightly dazed and nodded at him, scooting towards the edge of the seat so I could make space for him.

“Sorry to have startled you. You looked very lost in your writing so I just thought it would be nice of me to interrupt what might have been the greatest writing in history, making you lose your focus and line of thought.” He said chuckling as he sipped on his coffee.

I laughed, shaking my head. “No not really. I’m sure I can come up with something to finish this great piece of art I call random babbling.”

He laughed, moving his hair out of his eyes. “Of course of course.”

“So, what brings you in here?” I asked, picking up my mug of hot chocolate from the little coffee table in front of me.

He shrugged, leaning back against the wall. “Just thought I would come here to enjoy some quiet. I’ve been in the club all day helping my brother out with his party this week and it’s been pretty hectic in there.”

I nodded. “So, you’ll be there on Halloween?”

“I have to be there, I’m helping out and I’m a little too old to go to random people’s house to beg for candy.” He said chuckling.

I laughed. “Well, I don’t know about that, I would love to see you go up to houses and ask for candy.”

“You know what?” He asked, looking at me as if he’d just discovered something. “We should do that; after the party. Let’s just go and beg for candy for old time’s sake. Do something completely out of the blue!”