bokuto koutarou

• ᏔᎪᎡᎷᎢᎻ: ᎪᏢᎾᏟᎪᏞYᏢᏚᎬ ᎪᏌ•
--------------------------

"A-agh!" Bokuto grunted as he shut the wooden door, using all of his force. On the other side, the rotting dead groan as they tried to fight back and get through to take a bite of the living's skin. Their dead finger nails scratched the door and dragged their dirty blood against the wood, staining it. Slowly, Bokuto backed away from the locked door as he listened to the ugly moans coming from the dead and let out a deep sigh. His heart was pacing, sweat fell down his temple. The grip on his gun tightened as the heavy book bag slid off his shoulders. He could feel the soreness in his shoulders when the pressures was lifted. Slowly, Bokuto sat down on his knees and pulled the sliver zipper to open the bag.

No food.

Barely any water left.

Nearly out of ammunition and he was stuck inside of a small house with his beloved.

The two got split up from their group of people when a large herd came out of no where. Fast.

—————

"Empty.." (Y/n) mumbled, closing the rusted car door and let out a small huff.

"It's alright, we have plenty more to go through." Bokuto places his hand on top of (Y/n)'s head and ruffled his soft hair. He heard a soft hum in returned.

"Let's go love birds," Kuroo shoved his shoulder against Bokuto's playfully with a smirk on his face. "we need to hurry before the sun sets. The nights are getting colder."

Kuroo wasn't lying. The Fall was ending and the temperature was slowly falling by each day. Luckily the group had plenty of food to survive the next month, but warm clothes was a bit of a problem. The small group of friends recently left a larger group because of complications within. They were able to grab plenty of food and enough ammunition to last but clothing was not on top of their list of needs, not until that moment. A strong cool breeze swiftly flew past, sending a shiver down (Y/N)'s back. He hugged himself, gripping onto the edge of his sleeves after pulling his hood over his head. Dreading the thought of winter, the shorter male began to walk forward with a bit of hope. They've been walking down a highway that use to be used by thousands of people driving a day, to broken down cars with a lost soul in every few.

(Y/n) glanced into a smaller vehicle through the dirty glass window and noticed a bloody corpse resting in the front seat. His heart dropped at the sight. The skin was white, nearly grey, with dry blood all over its scratched arms and the bite on the neck seemed to be something (Y/n) only wished to see in horror movies. It looked so deep, so painful. Gulping harshly, the short male nearly  jumped out of his shoes when he felt a grip on his shoulder. His head shot over but only felt relief when he saw Bokuto staring down at him with a concerned expression.

"They probably had a family.." (Y/n) muttered, taking a final glance inside the car but looked away in the matter of seconds. Staring at a sight that was so horrific and graphic, to the point it was upsetting to the stomach.

"At least they don't have fight anymore" Was all Bokuto said and surprisingly it made (Y/n) a bit better.

Staring up at the tall former volleyball player, (Y/n) gave a soft smile and nodded his head. Bokuto felt his heart flutter because of the small smile and grabbed a hold of his significant other's hand and caught up with the rest of the group. The feeling of Bokuto's hand was warm. The heat over powered the coldness on (Y/n)'s hand which he was thankful for.